LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Want some help for Rock slider

Old 06-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
Tonkatoytoy is on a distinguished road
Tonkatoytoy's Tacoma Gallery
Want some help for Rock slider

So i want to make some rock slider for my truck out of square tubing door to door and i don't want to weld them on the frame so i gonna bolt them in the existing hole in the frame anybody have plan for that . i got a pic of what i would like to look sugestion guy ?
Attached Thumbnails
Want some help for Rock slider-img077.jpg   Want some help for Rock slider-img035.jpg  
Old 06-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Where they attach to the frame, I'd make that an L-bracket and drill a hole through the bottom of the bracket and the bottom of the frame for strength.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
Yeah good idea but do you think is worth to put that on my truck
Old 06-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonkatoytoy View Post
Yeah good idea but do you think is worth to put that on my truck
If you need sliders, it's definitely worth it to protect costly body damage. If you plan on actually using them as sliders, I would add the lower leg to help reinforce the connection point to the frame. Those look similar to Demello rock crusher sliders, beefy!
Old 06-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
Yeah i need some but im not going to use them as slider , i need protection for wen i go in some tight wood trail i don't want something to hit my rocker if you have anything to suggest to me let me know .
Old 06-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #6

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonkatoytoy View Post
Yeah i need some but im not going to use them as slider , i need protection for wen i go in some tight wood trail i don't want something to hit my rocker if you have anything to suggest to me let me know .
If you're just looking for a lateral load (sliding into something), then the L-bracket might not be necessary but if you're going to make sliders, might as well make them take the abuse sliders are meant to take. I believe all bolt on sliders have at least one L bracket that bolts to the underside of the frame. Otherwise, use high quality hardware so that's not the weak point of your setup. Personally, I bought BAMF sliders, had them set fairly flat so they stick out a bit more and he also designs his so they taper out toward the rear. Just make sure they stick out far enough to prevent the damage they're designed to prevent.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
Yeah ok i have an idea on how im gona make mine Thx a lot . im gona post some pic wen i have done