1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have this???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacomaniacmatt, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Sep 16, 2009 at 10:47 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    Jim, I know it's been a while since you posted, but I would love to see some pictures of your D-Ring install if you have more pics to share.

Thanks!

2. Sep 17, 2009 at 10:25 AM
    Jim_SB

Jim_SB Active Member

Member:
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road JBL
    I don't think I have any more pics.

What else do you need? Ping me at santa.barbara.jim@gmail.com if you need more info. This was very EASY to do and inexpensive. Works great.

I've been hauling my CRF250X and a friends CR500. No worries.

If you ping me offline I'll give you my cell number and you can call with any questions. Talking is easier than emails on stuff like this.

I also bought 2 more Toyota D rings to install - one in the center front of the bed and the other center rear. Haven't got around to it yet - haven't needed them either. But you can never have enough tie down points right?

So far I am VERY happy with the Tacoma. And with the CRF250X.

I used to ride the San Diego Desert Dash dual sport motorcycle ride out there in Borrego. Great fun. Alas my new dirt bike has no plate so I can't ride DS any more.

Regards,

Jim

3. Sep 17, 2009 at 10:49 AM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    i just remove my snugtop sl tonneau cover...then I use the D rings in the bed as well as the bed rails...good to go never had a problem tying down any of my bikes (xr50, kx125 and R6)...

4. Sep 17, 2009 at 11:44 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    Center rings would be great! I hate crossing the straps over/through/around the other bikes tire. But I would not strap both bikes to the same D-ring in the center of the bed. That's a lot of pressure in one spot.

I will still cross over the inner straps to the outer bed rings but plan to add the rings on the shelf for the outer bar strap.

I just need to get around to doing the install of the bar rings. I also need to rebuild my bike so I'm way behind :eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top