Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pictures of dirt bikes loaded in Taco's...

Old 02-23-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures of dirt bikes loaded in Taco's...

Let's see 'em...

I only have a picture of my 2005 KTM 200exc loaded into my 2004 Tacoma 3.4L v6 xtracab TRD:

This truck is gone but, once it warms up, I'll get a picture with the bike loaded in my 2009 DC TRD.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
Wolfpack is on a distinguished road
Wolfpack's Tacoma Gallery
2007 CRF450R and a 2008 CRF150R

Old 02-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
tacomaniacmatt is on a distinguished road

tacomaniacmatt's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice combo: Motorcycles in a Tacoma Next time I have my bike in I'll try to get some pics
Old 02-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
dewriffic16 is on a distinguished road

Name: David
dewriffic16's Tacoma Gallery
Ya it's still too cold up here to put my bike in the back, but will post one as soon as all this damn snow melts and I head to the track.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewriffic16 View Post
Ya it's still too cold up here to put my bike in the back, but will post one as soon as all this damn snow melts and I head to the track.
same here
Old 02-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
kasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud of
kasey200's Tacoma Gallery
^^ x3
Old 02-23-2009, 08:37 PM   #7
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No one rides when it's cold???

I don't load because I ride from my house. I love some snow on the trails
When it's warmer, I travel and look forward to loading up the DoubleCab!

Old 02-26-2009, 06:52 AM   #8
intel_killer is on a distinguished road
intel_killer's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a little bit cheaper than your access cab and KTM. Hehe. Old school Dual Sports:

Old 02-26-2009, 06:59 AM   #9
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
Let's see 'em...

I only have a picture of my 2005 KTM 200exc loaded into my 2004 Tacoma 3.4L v6 xtracab TRD:

This truck is gone but, once it warms up, I'll get a picture with the bike loaded in my 2009 DC TRD.
Please tell me where you got those louver deals on the access cab windows. I must have some if they make them for 05-09s........kickass bike BTW
Old 02-26-2009, 07:50 AM   #10
bass turds

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Please tell me where you got those louver deals on the access cab windows. I must have some if they make them for 05-09s........kickass bike BTW

They make them (AVS). PM sent!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:05 AM   #11
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
My old truck and my old bike, sadly both are gone. Bike was an 04 CRF 250R

Attached Thumbnails
Pictures of dirt bikes loaded in Taco's...-taco-002.jpg  
Old 02-26-2009, 08:39 AM   #12
bass turds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
My old truck and my old bike, sadly both are gone. Bike was an 04 CRF 250R
That's a 2nd generation access cab? It has the 6' bed, correct?

I have the DC w/ 5' bed but my bike is the same size as a CRF250R. I'm trying to imagine that rear tire sitting 1' further back. It will be entirely on the tailgate and partially off the back side of it.

No pictures of DC's loaded?
Old 02-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #13
1.21jigowatts is on a distinguished road
1.21jigowatts's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #14
delscorcho is on a distinguished road

delscorcho's Tacoma Gallery
For those with the 6' bed, will your tailgate close if the bike is in diagonally? I've got a CRF450 and did that with my 05 Tundra DC. Driving my 4Runner right now but looking to switch to a Taco DC.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:56 PM   #15
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
Old 03-27-2009, 06:27 AM   #16
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by delscorcho View Post
For those with the 6' bed, will your tailgate close if the bike is in diagonally? I've got a CRF450 and did that with my 05 Tundra DC. Driving my 4Runner right now but looking to switch to a Taco DC.
Yes the tailgate will close with the bike loaded diagonally. I just didnt like how it blocked my view out of the rear window.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:35 AM   #17
Madchild is on a distinguished road

Madchild's Tacoma Gallery
I loaded a bike up diagonally in my buddy's truck and did not like it at all. Everything has to be equal for me to make sure its safe.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:43 AM   #18
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my 2001 kdx.
Sold it a couple years ago, Miss riding it...

Old 03-27-2009, 06:56 AM   #19
bass turds

Forgot about this post. I test loaded and snapped some pictures:

Had to add a spacer to clear my Access Roll-up cover:

Straight in:

Using front D-rings:

Loaded diagonally and using the right cleat (until middle D-rings are added):

It fit OK but there is not much room left on the gate to maneuver the bike around. I liked it better loaded diagonally but it put most of the weight on one gate cable. I'll just keep an eye on it and reinforce if necessary. It would be easier to load if I didn't have the rolled up cover but I need that as well.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:26 AM   #20
$DO WORK$
gouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
if anyone wants to make their truck like this, i have 2 hondas for sale. 2001 cr250 and a 2003 cr125