Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma thread I found on my gun forum...

Old 02-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #22
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
I'd imagine that most speedometers are off by a bit. How often are you going down the highway, and you come across someone going just slightly slower than you. Their speedometer likely says they are going the speed limit, just like yours.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:22 PM   #23
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Haha! I got the Mazda and thought the mileage counter was good but the trip was fast. I started to not give a shit but I don't notice it anymore. Speedo seems fine though.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:02 PM   #24
JTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to behold

JTech's Tacoma Gallery
I know my 09 is off but it is on the slow side. If it says 80 I am really only going 77. Not a bad thing. should help me from getting a ticket but i understand that if you pay that much for a new truck there shouldn't be these little issues. I definitely still love tacomas!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:38 PM   #25
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
................................. ......................
Old 02-24-2009, 03:28 AM   #27
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/20...tory-ammo.html

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/gen...c-failure.html
Old 02-24-2009, 04:04 AM   #28
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotenator
I have driven Toyotas of some discription for over 20 years ,and have had nothing but good things to say about the company,their engineering,vehicle longevity and performance.All that has changed after my purchase of an '09 Tacoma late last month.I noticed on the way home with it that everyone seemed to be in a bigger hurry than normal, but it didn't click until I installed my GPS in it a few days later that the speedometer was off.I checked my speedometer against the speedo check section of highway not far from my house ,and found that it agreed with my GPS.I even asked an WSP officer that was fueling his car next to me ,if he would pace me for a mile or so on the highway (most departments calibrate speedos on a regular basis), and again the results were the same. My speedo reads fast by almost 7% ,which translates to 4 MPH at 60.This may not sound too bad until you realise what this affects.My factory 36 Mo 36000 mile warranty will expire early by 2500+ miles which is a couple of months normal driving for me.My 84 Mo 100,000 mile extended warranty that I purchased will expire almost 7000 miles early or nearly 5 Mo.When I contacted the dealer they had me bring it in and checked it.They told me that it was within spec., and there was no way to calibrate it so that it would read properly.The Toyota "acceptable indication error" sheet I was shown is heavily weighted to the high side( 59.5 -63.5 at 60 MPH for example)I contacted Toyota directly and got the same answer, "we are real sorry, but not enough to do anything about it".Basically Toyota has decided that they will cut their warranty costs,increase their MPG ratings(1.3mpg in my case) and shorten their maintenance intervals(get to sell more filters and oil) ,on the customers dime.If Toyota engineers can't figure out a speedometer(a seemingly simple task that car makers have been doing accurately for over 100 years) ,it doesn't infuse me with confidence in the truly important engineering tasks like drivetrain, electronics and safety.I urge all of you who own Toyotas and for that matter any make car or truck, to check and see if your speedo is accurate.I have a feeling that this is not an isolated incident, and you should see if your warranty will run out sooner than it should, and if so let the car makers hear about it.If we make enough noise they will at least know that they were caught in their little scam, and might think twice next time some bean counter comes to them with this kind of crap.
Those loss of mileage numbers toward his warranty is flawed unless he drives 100% on highways at 60 MPH.
Plus he doesn't start off at 60 MPH.
So really what is the mileage difference on warranty coverage?A 2% loss,maybe.
Like Wilson the Dog said and I agree...Much ado about nothing.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:22 AM   #29
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
IMO, the moral here is how often we as consumers are being fucked little by little in small ways by too many companies trying to save that fraction of billions of pennys at our expense. The bigger deal is to just blow it off & not call bullshit when it is blatently intentional & more widespread every day making the unscrupulous even more daring to go bigger because the silence denotes complacency & ignorance on our part to them. The less people speak up about it the further they'll take it. So this is not boring bullshit, it's how we have been slowly fucked & conditioned to like it & ask for more for too damn long while at the same time being expected to live our lives by the letter of the law. That is the point of the original post!
Old 02-24-2009, 04:26 AM   #30
Joe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to beholdJoe B is a splendid one to behold
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
IMO, the moral here is how often we as consumers are being fucked little by little in small ways by too many companies trying to save that fraction of billions of pennys at our expense. The bigger deal is to just blow it off & not call bullshit when it is blatently intentional & more widespread every day making the unscrupulous even more daring to go bigger because the silence denotes complacency & ignorance on our part to them. The less people speak up about it the further they'll take it. So this is not boring bullshit, it's how we have been slowly fucked & conditioned to like it & ask for more for too damn long while at the same time being expected to live our lives by the letter of the law. That is the point of the original post!
Maybe so but I have much bigger things in my life to worry about then to get all bent out of shape for a 1 or 2% loss of mileage toward a warranty.
That speedo difference of 3-4 MPH at highway speeds may have already or will possibly save me speeding tickets.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:32 AM   #31
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How many things like this would it take? If you add them up & it starts being way too often to all the time then it starts being fucked up bullshit. It's not necessarily the .0005 of a cent each time, it becomes the overall concept that should make people think about where this kind of shit takes you long term. The bullshit we find ourselves in today wasn't cranked up last nite.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:39 AM   #32
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How many things like this would it take? If you add them up & it starts being way too often to all the time then it starts being fucked up bullshit. It's not necessarily the .0005 of a cent each time, it becomes the overall concept that should make people think about where this kind of shit takes you long term. The bullshit we find ourselves in today wasn't cranked up last nite.
Many more!
Letting little things like this in life bother you will have you on Prosac.
Some things aren't worth the worry and hassle.
You want to fight Toyota on this issue?Would it be worth the aggrivation when they say it's within their specs and will do nothing?
I understand your point but I'll save my energy to fight bigger issues.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:42 AM   #33
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
Many more!
You want to fight Toyota on this issue?Would it be worth the aggrivation when they say it's within their specs and will do nothing?
x2 Joe.I don't like being screwed any more than the next guy but like Joe says.........Lifes too short.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:56 AM   #34
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
We're doomed.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:05 AM   #35
Blackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackened Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Blackened Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Look on your door and see what the factory says the tire size should be, what you are seeing is teh difference in which the vehicle tire size is calibrated versus what came on teh vehicle. You will find that most offroad packagaes have largere tires than what the factory set all of it;s reading from, i.e. if you are running 265/75/16 and the vehicle is supposed to have 225/70/16, well there is your difference.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:14 AM   #36
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Many more!
I hear ya but after constantly vs. once in awhile it becomes time to speak out against it if for nothing else just to let people like that know that you're not not blind to their graft & they can drink ball sweat. I will not lose sleep or be pushed into needing drugs to cope or worry profusely or go start snipen people or none of that weak shit because of anyone or anything. Energy supplies completly intact for all nonsense bashing no matter how big or small.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:25 AM   #37
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I hear ya but after constantly vs. once in awhile it becomes time to speak out against it if for nothing else just to let people like that know that you're not not blind to their graft & they can drink ball sweat. I will not lose sleep or be pushed into needing drugs to cope or worry profusely or go start snipen people or none of that weak shit because of anyone or anything. Energy supplies completly intact for all nonsense bashing no matter how big or small.
Yes,we're getting screwed.It's all over the place.
Take food for example.
Hellmann's mayo has jumped in price and went from 32 ounces to 30.Potato chips from 7 to 6 to 5.5 ounces.Most food products with the same scenario.
Gas has that 9/10 of a cent on a gal.
You just can't fight and boycott everything.
I'm a bit older than you so I've been around the block a few times too.
It's just the way things are and will continue to be..
Old 02-24-2009, 05:33 AM   #38
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Yes,we're getting screwed.It's all over the place.
Take food for example.
Hellmann's mayo has jumped in price and went from 32 ounces to 30.Potato chips from 7 to 6 to 5.5 ounces.Most food products with the same scenario.
Gas has that 9/10 of a cent on a gal.
You just can't fight and boycott everything.
I'm a bit older than you so I've been around the block a few times too.
It's just the way things are and will continue to be..
I come from a time where doing the right thing mattered & this new world acceptance of the opposite is just not anything that I'll ever embrace. Deal with & minimize at every turn maybe but like it & be silent about, NO. If it's bullshit, it will be advertised as such.............
Old 02-24-2009, 05:42 AM   #39
Joe B's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I come from a time where doing the right thing mattered & this new world acceptance of the opposite is just not anything that I'll ever embrace. Deal with & minimize at every turn maybe but like it & be silent about, NO. If it's bullshit, it will be advertised as such.............
Well,that's your prerogative.
It will get you heated and will just eat at you like it is in this thread.
Is it worth it?
Maybe to you it is but not me.
On the bright side,at our age we'll have to deal with it a lot less time than most on this board.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:35 AM   #40
Hooked
weihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to behold

weihenstephaner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened Taco View Post
Look on your door and see what the factory says the tire size should be, what you are seeing is teh difference in which the vehicle tire size is calibrated versus what came on teh vehicle. You will find that most offroad packagaes have largere tires than what the factory set all of it;s reading from, i.e. if you are running 265/75/16 and the vehicle is supposed to have 225/70/16, well there is your difference.
I think your logic is backwards. The "problem" is that the speedometer reads slower than actual speed. When you swap out smaller tires for larger tires, your actual speed increases relative to speedometer readout since you get more distance per revolution.

So if the speedometer is calibrated with small tires, and you put on larger tires, your actual speed will be greater than speedometer speed.