LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma thread I found on my gun forum...

Old 02-24-2009, 06:40 AM   #41
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
As was stated before... unless you changed your tires the ODO is still accurate. Thus how exactly are they screwing anyone over, at all. They're not getting any extra 'services' out of you, they're not skewing the gas millage your getting as it's based off the ODO, not speed... Where's the hurt?

Such a bs thing to worry about. If you trust stock gauges to start with, unless it's like a Lotus.... you're in for a world of hurt. You think a few mph off on the speedo is bad, how about that "15 PSI" gauge on the supercharged Colbalt LOL LOL LOL LOL. My 3000GT's oil presure gauge was at 'normal' on the one tick... stock gauges are inaccurate. If you hate them, get an autometer. Simple.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #42
wawireguy is on a distinguished road
wawireguy's Tacoma Gallery
I like how the fanboys come out when some posts a legitament gripe about something that as simple as a company getting the speedometer right. With stock tires the speedo should be close to spot on in my opinion.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:18 AM   #43
1 man wolf pack
Hardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardcorehehaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Evan
Hardcorehehaw's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about my speedo, but this thread had me scared about the odometer. No one wants extra miles on their truck...

I check it this morning against Mapquest on my 40 mile drive to work. My truck read .2 miles under what Mapquest said the drive was.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #44
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcorehehaw View Post
I don't know about my speedo, but this thread had me scared about the odometer. No one wants extra miles on their truck...

I check it this morning against Mapquest on my 40 mile drive to work. My truck read .2 miles under what Mapquest said the drive was.
if u want to test it for real, test it against the mile markers on a highway. no matter how doinked up a speedo is on these, the odo should be dead on.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:35 PM   #45
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
if u want to test it for real, test it against the mile markers on a highway. no matter how doinked up a speedo is on these, the odo should be dead on.
Hodgey is right, ck the mile markers, use a stopwatch. Old school is cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackened Taco View Post
Look on your door and see what the factory says the tire size should be, what you are seeing is teh difference in which the vehicle tire size is calibrated versus what came on teh vehicle. You will find that most offroad packagaes have largere tires than what the factory set all of it;s reading from, i.e. if you are running 265/75/16 and the vehicle is supposed to have 225/70/16, well there is your difference.
I don't know this but I would think the dealership can calibrate the speedo as it's electronic and driven off a A/D convertor. I know for a fact that GM vehicles can be adjusted through a Tech2. As can most european vehicles using late model Bosch C/U's. Take it in and ask.
It's not worth loosing any sleep over. Save your energy for fighting the IRS or more meaningful things..
Old 02-25-2009, 11:57 AM   #46
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
I hadn't thought of doing that. Probably because CA "outlawed" (doesn't have any) mile markers or shit like that.