Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Are you getting bad MPG?

View Poll Results: Click on all that apply to your Tacoma.
I get good MPG!! 1,042 27.69%
My MPG sucks! 1,458 38.75%
My Tacoma is Stock. 1,435 38.13%
I have a heavy foot on the gas accelerator! 792 21.05%
I have the fog light mod running through the ECU relay. 145 3.85%
I have added bolt on after market parts. 571 15.17%
My Tacoma is lifted? 731 19.43%
Who gives a crap???? 539 14.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3763. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2009, 05:03 AM   #21
freesample will become famous soon enoughfreesample will become famous soon enough

freesample's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Wait wait wait... What does the Fog Light mod have to do w/ it??? My mileage isn't great, and I drive like an old lady, but I did the fog light mod. I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to cars, but I really don't know much about the electrical system, either....
saying youre not an idiot and then looking at your avatar makes me laugh heh.. just to throw that in
Old 02-24-2009, 06:45 AM   #22
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
ride a bike till winter gas is out
ride a bike in the winter?!?!?! no way man! haha
Old 02-24-2009, 07:02 AM   #23
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Wait wait wait... What does the Fog Light mod have to do w/ it??? My mileage isn't great, and I drive like an old lady, but I did the fog light mod. I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to cars, but I really don't know much about the electrical system, either....
I know exactly what you mean. I did that mod too. And when I did it, it seemed as if my MPG started suffering. I don't drive fast or take off fast. I really don't know too much about electrical though. Anyone got any ideas? For some reason I think that mod has something to do with it for some 05+ tacoma owners.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:00 AM   #24
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
My MPG's are in the crapper right now because of the winter gas and bad weather we've been having. Only 24.5 to 25 MPG vs the 28 I get in the summer.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #25
freesample will become famous soon enoughfreesample will become famous soon enough

freesample's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
My MPG's are in the crapper right now because of the winter gas and bad weather we've been having. Only 24.5 to 25 MPG vs the 28 I get in the summer.
you must only drive downhill in neutral
Old 02-24-2009, 08:30 AM   #26
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You're lucky you can even get that high. Most I've gotten is 20mpg, and my truck is 400 pounds lighter than yours.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:56 AM   #27
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
I get anywhere from 15 to 20.... i dont complain about that to much... but i am slowly learning my truck and how to drive it for best mpgs. I will the tell you the best way i have found to get better mpgs is to keep it below 2500 rpms
Old 02-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #29
Johnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnsono49 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Owen
Johnsono49's Tacoma Gallery
I've been looking at a few different posts about getting better gas millage now and someone said something abut ECO Systems Fuel Enhancement

http://www.ecosystemsgroupsales.com/index.php

and found a link for a news report on the topic through Spike.com of all places.

http://www.spike.com/video/eco-systems-fuel/2951263

It's a news report that's really informative and really convincing. Hope this helps anyone who's trying to get a little extra something out of there taco.

-Johnsono49-
Old 02-24-2009, 10:40 AM   #30
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by freesample View Post
you must only drive downhill in neutral
According to the scanguage I get over 190MPG downhill in neutral on the highway. There are a few local hills steep enough to do that and maintain the speed limit+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
You're lucky you can even get that high. Most I've gotten is 20mpg, and my truck is 400 pounds lighter than yours.
The 5 speed and scanguage to adjust my driving habits help a lot. May I suggest you keep your right foot further from the floor?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #31
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
According to the scanguage I get over 190MPG downhill in neutral on the highway. There are a few local hills steep enough to do that and maintain the speed limit+

I programmed my scanguage so it can display the average MPG rather then the instant MPG. Got tired of seeing the numbers jumping back and forth.

Just curious Roland, what gauges do you have displayed?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #32
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post

I programmed my scanguage so it can display the average MPG rather then the instant MPG. Got tired of seeing the numbers jumping back and forth.

I'm going to have to play more with mine to do it... haven't found 'average' yet just instant.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #33
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
I'm going to have to play more with mine to do it... haven't found 'average' yet just instant.
That's what she said!
Old 02-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #34
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
I use to get about 17.4 mpg with mixed driving like clock work. This was with my lift and tires (265/75R16). I am now getting around 13 mpg. I have no idea what happened. I have checked tire pressures, air filter, changed gas, changed to synthetic oil on the entire truck nothing works. I am now looking at Seafoaming my truck at 53k. If anyone has an idea on how to get my gas mileage back PLEASE let me know.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:32 PM   #35
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Scanguage:

I use the TRIP/CURRENT MPG. It helps alot with gas mileage. I average around 20MPG with mostly freeway driving. I have found that staying at 70MPH is good for mileage.

Mostly street driving is around 15-16MPG
Old 02-24-2009, 08:06 PM   #36
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Same here..... I have it setup to calculate Average MPG for each tank that I fillup. I usually double check by calculating it manually. It's been pretty accurate.

Delmarva - the Average is an Xgauge you have to setup yourself.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #37
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Delmarva - the Average is an Xgauge you have to setup yourself.
If you go to TRIP then CURRENT MPG, it displays your real-time miles per gallon. Then when you fill up you can switch to
TANK MPG which tells you your average MPG for the entire tank.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:30 AM   #38
My other ride has sails

Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
MPG is always up but I vary the others. I like TPS, RPM and MPH(especially if Nancy's driving) LOD and FAI are also often up depending on my mood.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:38 AM   #39
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

The 5 speed and scanguage to adjust my driving habits help a lot. May I suggest you keep your right foot further from the floor?
Yeah I love seeing my passenger's faces when they see 187MPG on the display

OT, Adjusting the right foot has helped my ##'s immensely!
Old 02-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #40
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
There is some real interesting data. Keep it coming!