1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 Tacomas with Entune

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MGMTacolover55, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Jun 6, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    KingKoda

KingKoda Never Satisfied

Member:
    Palmetto
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD.S DCSB 4x4
    Boosted TRD/URD All Terrain Sleeper w/ Sockmonkey Decals Worth +666HP

I do have playlists on my iPhone/iPod. However if I am in the truck listening to Sat radio and plug in the iPhone it will auto switch source and start playing the first song on the song list. If I have it plugged in and switch source and then go back it will play at wherever I left off on whatever playlist.

If I plug the iPhone in before starting the truck, it will still try to play even if I do not instruct it to do so once the truck starts. As well, it often times will hang in loading phase unless I switch sources or replug the phone in.

Bluetooth mode also gives issues at times. If I start the truck and the radio was already on, it will often try and start playing a song once the bluetooth connects even if I am already listening to Sat Radio forcing a manual mode switch.

Bluetooth auto connects as I use my phone through the truck.

My gripe is that it should only play the source if I select that source. Not just start playing a song because I plugged it in...I plugged in to charge my phone.

2. Jun 6, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    Grieby54

Grieby54 Horsebit

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Castle Rock, CO
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Off Road 4x4 DCSB MGM JBL/Entune/Nav
    WeatherTech Digital Liners, ImMrYo rear view mirror bracket, color matched grille, Tacoma door sill protectors, OEM hood protector, clear bra, tint, OEM roof rack, trimmed front mud flaps to match rear clearance, debadged, color matched grille, Plasti Dipped front Toyota emblem, OME 884X coils with trim packer on driver's side, OME Nitro Sport 9000 shocks, Deaver/ToyTec AAL with OME N182 shocks, 265/75/16 Duratracs, ProComp 7032 16" wheels
    This. And the NAV has been useful occasionally. The sound system really is fantastic for a stock sound system is and why I bought the package. The rest of the stuff is neat, but I will never use it. You have to plug your smartphone in to be able to use any of it, and if you have a smart phone you may as well just book your dinner reservations, purchase your movie tickets, and check the weather on said smart phone.

3. Jun 6, 2013 at 3:48 PM
    CBoy808

CBoy808 The Original Sticker Dude

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Mall Crawler
    My truck has entune, it was sold by Servco in Hawaii. But it doesnt work, and they deny ever selling it. lol

Sucks that I cant get pandora to work on it. Navi works fine tho, and i do like the touch screen.

The sound system is good but it does rattle more than Id like from the sub.

4. Jun 6, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    CBoy808

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Mall Crawler
    I will have to try that, do i just plug it in via USB then open pandora on my phone?

nothing in the storage compartments, not the seatbelt buckles...seems to be the actual plastic around the sub

5. Jun 6, 2013 at 4:22 PM
    CBoy808

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Mall Crawler
    Ill try the app and see...

man appts for the dealer are like 3 weeks out right now, and i HATE for them to just tell me "turn it down" lol

6. Jun 6, 2013 at 10:34 PM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    most definitely take it into the dealership

7. Jun 6, 2013 at 11:11 PM
    majorhavok

majorhavok Rabid Conservative

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike in Cali..
    Peoples Republic of Caulifournia
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Sport DoubleCab 4x4
    Ultragauge, ImMrYo mirror, Tailgate lock, Snugtop Rebel Shell.
    Mine sounds awesome. I wish the screen was a little bigger, the apps a little more developed and the FU(KING thing doesn't work when I'm driving or tell me which side of the road my destination is which is irritating as hell. I realize this isn't a problem in rural areas, but when there are 4 lanes going each way and hundreds of addresses passing by each mile or so, its annoying.

Overall though I like it, but it could be better.

8. Jun 7, 2013 at 4:02 AM
    Primersinmyshoe

Primersinmyshoe Old Sheepdog

Member:
    St. Louis, MO
    Vehicle:
    2020 Limited MGM
    None (yet)
    This is my third day with the new truck with the etune and have to agree about the apps being not so great. Do you think they will add some more useful apps in the future?

9. Jun 10, 2013 at 7:29 AM
    aucat77

aucat77 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD Sport
    Somebody mentioned you can shut off those dog-gone warns. I have been looking all over for the screen to shut them off. I saw the screen about a day after I bought the truck but have not been able to find since. Any help would be appreciated.

Pandora is ok, much better sound than SAT, but it drops internet connect far too often to be worth $36 a year.

10. Jun 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    fizzlebag

fizzlebag Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2020 4x4 MGM Tundra Limited
    TRD Cat Back Exhaust
    I believe the setting you are looking for is under settings/phones/touch the little gear looking icon next to the phone and uncheck the applicable boxes. I may be a bit off though since I'm trying to recall the settings off the top of my head...

11. Jun 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    Toyota should have put in the 5000 watt amp jbl makes

Products Discussed in

To Top