Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Most Sought After Tacoma Color

View Poll Results: What color do you so desire?
Barcelona Red Metallic 90 4.05%
Black 103 4.64%
Black Sand Pearl 128 5.77%
Desert Sand Mica 26 1.17%
Impulse Red Pearl 27 1.22%
Indigo Ink Pearl 68 3.06%
Magnetic Gray Metallic 504 22.70%
Nautical Blue Metallic 75 3.38%
Pyrite Mica 147 6.62%
Radiant Red 68 3.06%
Silver Streak Mica 201 9.05%
Speedway Blue 174 7.84%
Spruce Mica 137 6.17%
Super White 402 18.11%
Timberland Mica 70 3.15%
Voters: 2220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #182
cowman71 is on a distinguished road
cowman71's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12PM4X4OR View Post
Which are the most difficult colors to find in a used or '13 model? Try finding a Pyrite Mica...here in the southwest its almost impossible.
That's pretty much the same in Texas, at least for a base model. I settled for silver as a second choice. Pyrite Mica would have been a better color for hunting, especially in the dark with night vision for hogs while not showing brush scratches quite as bad as the darker colors.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #183
I've just had an apostrophe.
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta be either Spruce Mica or Pyrite Mica.

I nearly bought a black Tacoma, but went and looked at another a few miles down the road on a whim. Turns out it was Pyrite mica, and when it was parked between a pair of black BMW's it looked brown. Then they moved it over onto the lawn for me to crawl underneath and take a look at it, and it looked almost an off-green. Then when we came back from the test drive and parked it beside the white building it looked almost like it had a coppery sheen. I was sold, and I still like it best. The one other color that I'd trade even for might be the Spruce mica; I've always loved green trucks, and the spruce mica has just enough glitter to be cool.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #184
Toys4Us is on a distinguished road
Toys4Us's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post

Just sayin..
White looks cherry if it's all blacked out.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #185
Start every day with a smile and get it over with
Flynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: K9
Name: Ron
Flynbyu2's Tacoma Gallery
I really wanted Speedway Blue but got such a deal on my Silver Streak, I couldn't pass it up.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #186
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
My wife and I have twin super white Toyotas...

She has the cheapest 2012 base model Yaris and I have the cheapest 2012 base model Tacoma. We're matching cheapskates.

White is our favorite because it's the coolest color. I especially like it because it perfectly matches the color of 99 cent white rattlecan spray paint.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #187
Nip it in the bud!
12PM4X4OR is on a distinguished road

Name: Fife
12PM4X4OR's Tacoma Gallery
Greg - I want to be you when I grow up!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #188
200 years too late
Code Gray is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
Code Gray's Tacoma Gallery
I was searching for over a year for a Speedway blue or a Silver Streak Mica that was 2009 or newer, double cab, long bed, 4x4, trd, sport. Wow they are very hard to find FOR SALE in Florida. My friends started calling this vehicle the "Great White Buffalo" or "the Unicorn", a Mythical creature that you only hear stories of. It became a huge joke between my friends and even my coworkers. I finally found one and it was 300 miles away. Only catch, it was Magnetic Gray. Looks like Magnetic Gray Metallic is my new favorite color. lol. Now that I own a MGM, Its really grown on me.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #189
Murman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Murman's Tacoma Gallery
Stay away from white!

I absolutely love vehicles with white paint and blacked-out windows and accessories. That's why I bought my 2011 AC Tacoma in white. I loved the look until earlier this year when I noticed some dull spots appearing on my hood. Since then, they have gotten bigger and I now have one on the rear door. They are spots where the paint is oxidizing! My truck is not even 3 years old and the paint job is fuc&ed up!! From what I've read, Toyota uses a 1 stage painting process for the white paint. Supposedly, the clear coat is contained within the paint itself and "rises" to the top as the paint dries. In other words, no clear coat is added.
I am headed to my Toyota dealership next weekend to find out what they intend to do about it.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #190
Nip it in the bud!
12PM4X4OR is on a distinguished road

Name: Fife
12PM4X4OR's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be knocking down dealership doors over that. Good luck & keep us posted.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #191
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Silver duh
Old 09-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #192
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Silver duh
Good looking truck !
Old 09-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #193
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Good looking truck !
Thanks man
Old 09-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #194
06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Engineman
Name: Tanner
06yoda's Tacoma Gallery
I wish they would've had pyrite mica when I was in the market 6 years ago. Also op I have an 06 impulse red it was made for that year as well.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #196
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
^Cool pic
Old 09-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #197
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
whats the color of dirt? that seems to be the most sought after color
Old 09-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #199
TTc2013 is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
TTc2013's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Silver all the way

Sick Pic! love how the Air Freshener is along for the ride!
Old 09-18-2013, 04:56 AM   #200
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
So who's truck is that anyway? Can someone point me to the build thread?