Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Most Sought After Tacoma Color

View Poll Results: What color do you so desire?
Barcelona Red Metallic 90 4.05%
Black 103 4.64%
Black Sand Pearl 128 5.76%
Desert Sand Mica 26 1.17%
Impulse Red Pearl 27 1.22%
Indigo Ink Pearl 68 3.06%
Magnetic Gray Metallic 505 22.74%
Nautical Blue Metallic 75 3.38%
Pyrite Mica 147 6.62%
Radiant Red 68 3.06%
Silver Streak Mica 201 9.05%
Speedway Blue 174 7.83%
Spruce Mica 137 6.17%
Super White 402 18.10%
Timberland Mica 70 3.15%
Voters: 2221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #101
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
you do realize super white's been around since 2001 right?
Old 06-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #102
What's all this, then?
atebit will become famous soon enoughatebit will become famous soon enough

Army: Defend and Serve
atebit's Tacoma Gallery
I'd really like to see yellow but I know that's not gonna happen...
Old 06-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #103
For Love of Truck
Soft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to all

Army: 101st Airborne
Name: Tyler
Soft Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
you do realize super white's been around since 2001 right?
This is the 2nd gen category covering 2nd gen colors
Old 06-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #104
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
I wanted to get nautical blue but there was none in the region so I went to another color..I wasn't too picky XD
Old 06-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #105
TruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant futureTruKnight has a brilliant future

Name: Tru
TruKnight's Tacoma Gallery
but why are there other options on this poll besides swb!
Old 06-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #106
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyface View Post
If I had to choose again I'd go with the Super White. I was prejudiced against it before since it's not clear coated. But then it's titanium-oxide based paint so it's super hard and durable already, no need for clear coat. I had a choice between silver and super white, went with the silver and I've had my regrets since then. The white one I was looking at went through two dealer swaps and had 98 miles on it, the silver was new to the lot so I went with the silver mica.
All colors are clear coated. The only automakers that still sell new vehicles with single stage are those from 3rd world countries. Anything sold in US or Canada has it
Old 06-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #107
Douchebag, or just douche if we're friends
monkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Signal Corps
monkeyface's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHPLSH3 View Post
All colors are clear coated. The only automakers that still sell new vehicles with single stage are those from 3rd world countries. Anything sold in US or Canada has it
I'm pretty sure the Super White is not clearcoated from the factory. It's such a durable paint just by its composition there's no need for clearcoating. The other colors need the clearcoat, especially the metallic ones.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #108
Chino Tom is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
Chino Tom's Tacoma Gallery
Was set on Silver, until I saw Pyrite Mica. Happy with my choice so far.
Don't see many on the road.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #110
For Love of Truck
Soft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23dec2007 View Post
Super white all day!!
I saw your post, but didn't read your message for 5 minutes...
Old 06-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #111
Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...
WHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWHPLSH3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vance
WHPLSH3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyface View Post
I'm pretty sure the Super White is not clearcoated from the factory. It's such a durable paint just by its composition there's no need for clearcoating. The other colors need the clearcoat, especially the metallic ones.
As a bodyshop/paint vetran, I can assure you there's clearcoat on it. You can see it when you feather it back
Old 06-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #112
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
I think I voted for silver. But I'm changing my mind to Pyrite Mica. I'm starting to really love that color on new tacos.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #113
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmurder View Post
I think I voted for silver. But I'm changing my mind to Pyrite Mica. I'm starting to really love that color on new tacos.
My 2010 was pyrite w/ tan interior, a good looking truck. My 2012 is silver w/ gray interior.

I like the pyrite but most have the gray interior and I'm not sold on the combination
Old 06-22-2013, 03:08 PM   #114
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery

Old 06-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #115
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
if Tacoma comes out with that FJ primer gray color or Army Green i might actually have to get it.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #116
stroked383z has a spectacular aura aboutstroked383z has a spectacular aura about
stroked383z's Tacoma Gallery
Spruce Mica is the best color I've got a 2012 Tacoma and a 2011 Tundra Crewmax in Spruce Mica. Bought the Tundra and loved the color so much... As soon as they offered it on a Tacoma I "found" one and bought it for my wife. Hard color to find in the Tundra and Tacoma
Old 07-07-2013, 02:44 AM   #117
For Love of Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked383z View Post
Spruce Mica is the best color I've got a 2012 Tacoma and a 2011 Tundra Crewmax in Spruce Mica. Bought the Tundra and loved the color so much... As soon as they offered it on a Tacoma I "found" one and bought it for my wife. Hard color to find in the Tundra and Tacoma
Sweet! And yes... very hard. I saw one on the road a few months back and waved at the driver. The lady had the most confused face...
Old 07-07-2013, 02:57 AM   #118
jvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked383z View Post
The dealer I'm trying to order a Spruce Green from says he won't buy one for his inventory without a $500 deposit cause it's a color that no one will buy. Huh?
Old 07-07-2013, 03:03 AM   #119
For Love of Truck

Your dealer is making you "promise" you won't back out from the purchase. Sounds a little low to me. Make sure you can get your deposit back if you decide to change your mind. As for the color, you wont go wrong.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:04 AM   #120
For Love of Truck

Is it an unusual configuration? Reg cab 4x4 or automatic 4 cylinder?