Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Most Sought After Tacoma Color

View Poll Results: What color do you so desire?
Barcelona Red Metallic 90 4.06%
Black 103 4.64%
Black Sand Pearl 128 5.77%
Desert Sand Mica 26 1.17%
Impulse Red Pearl 27 1.22%
Indigo Ink Pearl 68 3.07%
Magnetic Gray Metallic 503 22.68%
Nautical Blue Metallic 75 3.38%
Pyrite Mica 147 6.63%
Radiant Red 68 3.07%
Silver Streak Mica 201 9.06%
Speedway Blue 174 7.84%
Spruce Mica 136 6.13%
Super White 402 18.12%
Timberland Mica 70 3.16%
Voters: 2218. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
For Love of Truck
Soft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to all

Army: 101st Airborne
Name: Tyler
Soft Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Most Sought After Tacoma Color

Let it be known TOYOTA... When we allow you to release the 3rd Gens (better be no earlier than 2016) ... we want AT LEAST the top 8 of these colors. And you can throw in a few more new ones for shits and giggles. Got it? Good. Love You.

So the goal of this thread is not to find out what is the most widely owned... but instead, the color most widely desired of the current/past factory 15. This can reflect possible differences in resale value in person to person sales. This can also show our friends at toyota corp what we love, hate, and want back! I guarantee you someone from them creeps TW from time to time. But, that aside, I just really want to know what everybody wants. I know most of us are happy with our colors, so if that's the case, just choose that. If not, pick what you WANT. Imagine if you were offered a FREE factory paint job... There's no shame! Now, I can assume some feelings will be mildly hurt by this thread... "wha... what do you mean timberland mica isn't the koolest?" Remember... to each his own. I do know MGM and White will LIKELY take first and second place.... but I want to see all 15 colors ranked in order science fair style. You?

Color Codes and Production Years
  • Barcelona Red Metallic - 3R3 - 09'-13'
  • Black - 202 - 11'-13'
  • Black Sand Pearl - 209 - 05'-10'
  • Desert Sand Mica - 4Q2 - 05'-08'
  • Impulse Red Pearl- 3P1 - 05'-05'
  • Magnetic Gray Metallic - 1G3 - 09'-13'
  • Nautical Blue Metallic - 8S6 - 12'-13'
  • Pyrite Mica- 4T3 - 09'-13'
  • Radiant Red - 3L5 - 05'-08'
  • Silver Streak Mica - 1E7 - 05'-13'
  • Speedway Blue - 8P1 - 05'-11'
  • Spruce Mica - 6V4 - 12'-13'
  • Super White- 040 - 05'-13'
  • Timberland Mica - 6T8 - 09'-11'

Update : So already MGM and Super Milk have taken 1st and 2nd. This is assumed. They are great colors. Whats working out for the deeper results is showing third and fourth place and so on. My first taco was Indigo Ink Pearl. That's because it was the ONLY used 4WD 2.7 Reg Cab Manual I could find. People are "coming out of the closet" in the comments below. Leads to awesome poll results. Keep it up.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #2
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft Taco View Post
So the goal of this thread is not to find out what is the most widely owned... but instead, the color most widely desired. This can also reflect possible differences in resale value in person to person sales. But, that aside, I just really want to know what everybody wants.

I know most of us are happy with our colors, so if that's the case, just choose that. If not, pick what you WANT. There's no shame!
Wouldn't the most widely desired correlate with the the most widely owned? You have my curiosity peaked. MGM for me.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
There's gotta be 100 threads on this with polls etc. "Whats your favorite" "whats the prettiest" etc. MGM or white, but they are all pretty.

Edit: I see you added a poll, and it's the most complete list I've seen. I approve! lol
Old 06-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
For Love of Truck
Soft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Wouldn't the most widely desired correlate with the the most widely owned? You have my curiosity peaked. MGM for me.
Many owners find good deals and leave color as a secondary to price.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft Taco View Post
Many owners find good deals and leave color as a secondary to price.
Many owners also know what they want and will hold out for it.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #6
For Love of Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Many owners also know what they want and will hold out for it.
True. I expect MGM and White on top. But I want to see an actual ranking. 6th grade science fair style.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
i love my white but i couldnt find a spruce mica within hundreds of miles when i bought mine so i settled for white
Old 06-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #8
TastyTaco will become famous soon enoughTastyTaco will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
TastyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have bought 2 brand new tacoma's both were white and my current one is speedway blue. However both my tundras were black.

My second choice of color would be gray.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #10
For Love of Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
sweet another thread
Damn right it is And LOOK! All the colors!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:26 AM   #11
For Love of Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
i love my white but i couldnt find a spruce mica within hundreds of miles when i bought mine so i settled for white
Hey man.. white would have been my second choice. They are beautiful!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #13
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
I would love it if my truck was timberland or spruce mica. But that didn't happen.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #14
For Love of Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueitrgsr View Post
I would love it if my truck was timberland or spruce mica. But that didn't happen.
This honesty is what is going to make this experiment a success. Just remember... ALL TACOS ARE BEAUTIFUL.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #15
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
MGM baby! I wish it was offered on the 1st gens
Old 06-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #16
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
I bought based on
deal>availability>options>color

so I didn't get the color I would have had for first choice.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #17
For Love of Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooch14 View Post
I bought based on
deal>availability>options>color

so I didn't get the color I would have had for first choice.
Perfect candidate for this poll.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #18
Meangreen1 is a jewel in the roughMeangreen1 is a jewel in the roughMeangreen1 is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement:
Meangreen1's Tacoma Gallery
Super white all the way!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #19
Rotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud ofRotorpilot has much to be proud of

Rotorpilot's Tacoma Gallery
bring back the Dune Biege !!!