Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Buying a 2008 Taco this weekend

Old 02-24-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
AZtaco69 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
AZtaco69's Tacoma Gallery
Buying a 2008 Taco this weekend

Should I buy the Sport or Off Road? The Off road I am looking at is 6 speed manual and the Sport is Auto... both are double cab 4X4. The sport looks better in my opinion but I would like some advice on the differances. Does the Locking Diff effect gas mileage that much compared to the LSD? For the most part I am not going to be huge in to off roading so just looking for advice. I can get either one for the same price so let me know which I should choose.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
In my personal opinion, I think the Sport looks better. There's just something about that hood scoop. I have an Off Road though. It's a 6 spd. manual and I love that. I got tired of my automatic in my last car.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:58 PM   #3
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. I'd recommend spending some time searching here. Off-road vs Sport, Auto vs manual, LSD vs Locker, these topics come up alot and you'll get all the opinions.

Then test drive each and see which tranny will best suit you. Good luck.

btw, Locker can only be on in 4l0 so theres no mpg hit.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
drunkenbuda is on a distinguished road
drunkenbuda's Tacoma Gallery
manual all the way man
Old 02-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
AZtaco69 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
AZtaco69's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys for the advice.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #6
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
People are going to tell you to buy what they have or what they are happy with. When it comes down to it, it has to benefit you and your needs. Is it a family vehicle? Is it for work where you may be towing heavy trailers? Is it all show no go? Their are many factors when buying a vehicle. Good luck!
Old 02-24-2009, 07:06 PM   #7
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW

sounds like you want a sport... it looks better anyway...
Old 02-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #8
Addict.
xtirtzt will become famous soon enough

xtirtzt's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to xtirtzt
sport all the way!!!