Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Windshield whistle

Old 06-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
taco613 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chad
taco613's Tacoma Gallery
Windshield whistle

So sometimes when im driving on the highway my windshield will whistle.. When its happining you can press on the windshield and change the tone of it. Has anyone else ever had this happen to them before.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco613 View Post
So sometimes when im driving on the highway my windshield will whistle.. When its happining you can press on the windshield and change the tone of it. Has anyone else ever had this happen to them before.
Well documented, it's been going on awhile.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tac...eld-noise.html
Old 06-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Too bad you're out of warranty, could've gotten it fixed for free with the TSB.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
CaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliBluTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CaliBluTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, it's normal if you didn't get the TSB done. My 07 Tacoma has the same whistle at around 70 mph but it doesn't do it all the time. I just got used to it. Sometimes the whistle lets me know im going to fast on the freeway
Old 06-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #5

taco613's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
Too bad you're out of warranty, could've gotten it fixed for free with the TSB.
Im still under the exteneded warranty would it be covered under that?
Old 06-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco613 View Post
Im still under the exteneded warranty would it be covered under that?
Go complain, it will be covered.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I gotta chip in my windsheild...once it and the gasket was replaced the problem went away lol
Old 06-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #8
Meangreen1 is a jewel in the roughMeangreen1 is a jewel in the roughMeangreen1 is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement:
Meangreen1's Tacoma Gallery
My '13 has had this issue since I got it in feb. I've been procrastinating in taking her in. I've been trying to see if its the mirrors but it might be the windshield. It's minor but having the warranty i might as well take advantage of it after spending 30k on her.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #9

taco613's Tacoma Gallery
dealership said it wasnt covered under warrenty anymore.. it was only cover for 3 years or 60000k... so it ended up costing me 200 bucks to get it fixed
Old 08-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #11
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V5ioV View Post
I did a search on "whistle" and this thread came up... Could it be possible to have this issue on '13..... ?

I'm going to check tonight if the sound changes when I press the windshield....
Yes...all second gen Tacomas.

Just take it to the dealership and tell them to do the windshield whistle TSB...it'll take a couple hours...my dealership even sent someone to my house cause they didn't do it in house.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #13
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V5ioV View Post
I'm going to do the grill weatherstripping mod 1st... Seems like more people are getting results with that.... If not... I'm taking it in
If its very audible in the cab, its the windshield. I believe the 2013's have the updated grille weatherstripping. Haven't had a problem with mine, and most I've seen have 2012's.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #15
Osugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Osugoose's Tacoma Gallery
Had the whistle, had the tsb done, still have the whistle. I noticed I could squeeze the door and the pillar together and it helped, so I rolled the window down and "massaged" the window frame in and it's better now, but every once in a while...
Old 08-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #16
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Adding the rubber tubing inside the hood gasket fixed the whistle sound on my 2012. It's weird that it can be that or the windshield.