Notices

bhlm failure....

Old 02-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
Addict.
xtirtzt will become famous soon enough

xtirtzt's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to xtirtzt
bhlm failure....

ok... well good news.. i got off my cell phone ticket which is the original reason i took the day off and had time to do the bhlm...bad news, while trying to separate the headlight after i got it out of the oven like a retard i broke one of the tabs off that secure it to the truck in a bad spot... so now im on a hunt for a new headlight...not going well so far..and as far as the mod goes i have givin up i just got so discouraged after breaking the tab off, i just put my truck back together even with the broken tab( the headlight wiggles a little now) and want nothing to do with it, now comes another hard part i need to get a new headlight and install it without my parents knowing because they were pissed that i was even taking my brand new truck apart and putting the headlight in the oven to begin with... i just told em it was too hard and i gave up on it leaving the part that i broke it out...280 for a new one from the dealer... not doing that.. so ive been calling junkyards...no luck, so now im thinking maybe ill just buy the black ones off ebay, are these headlights any good, does anyone else have them?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
How exactly did you bust that tab? Prying to much? Don't want to do the same thing when I go to do this mod.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
Addict.

xtirtzt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksRig View Post
How exactly did you bust that tab? Prying to much? Don't want to do the same thing when I go to do this mod.
ya i was being dumb and using that to hold onto while i tryed to pull it apart...they are a bitch to get apart you def need patience thats alot of glue that holds them together....hope you have better luck than me
Old 02-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
josh3972000 is on a distinguished road

Army: 101st airborne Division (3/502)  25th Infantry Division (1/27)
josh3972000's Tacoma Gallery
I broke a tab off on my 98 tacoma shortly after i bought it and secured it with a peice of bailing wire, primitive yes but it worked and nobody ever noticed when I sold it. And it didnt move. Try that, it sure beats 300 bucks for a new one. Can you get a zip tie to work?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #6
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh3972000 View Post
I broke a tab off on my 98 tacoma shortly after i bought it and secured it with a peice of bailing wire, primitive yes but it worked and nobody ever noticed when I sold it. And it didnt move. Try that, it sure beats 300 bucks for a new one. Can you get a zip tie to work?

I agree. A zip tie could work.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
josh3972000 is on a distinguished road

Army: 101st airborne Division (3/502)  25th Infantry Division (1/27)
josh3972000's Tacoma Gallery
Is it the top mount ?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
Addict.

xtirtzt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
I have the black ebay lights... they are good
are they the jdm ones... or wut ones are they and how much did u pay for them? and did they just bolt right in with no problem?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #10
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
JB weld the tab back on. You should keep the light in the oven at 250deg for 18min, to assure a easy seperation.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtirtzt View Post
are they the jdm ones... or wut ones are they and how much did u pay for them? and did they just bolt right in with no problem?
there is no such thing as 'JDM' for a Tacoma -

They're black -- have amber lenses... don't remember what I paid, but the seller was 'revotec.'
Old 02-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #12
Addict.

xtirtzt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
there is no such thing as 'JDM' for a Tacoma -

They're black -- have amber lenses... don't remember what I paid, but the seller was 'revotec.'
... i dont even know what jdm is...thats just wut it says on the ebay listings
Old 02-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #13
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i just did my bhlm.it was easy. i just have to get the time to put them on.if you want to buy my stock 08s or have me do the bhlm done,send me a pm.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #14
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
JDM = Japanese Domestic Market

Its how makers for shitty import vehicle parts sell shit for a higher rate. Claim everything is JDM, like JDM Tacoma headlights. You see, the thing is, there is no Tacoma in Japan thus making JDM headlights non existant.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:57 PM   #15
TheKneeBiter is on a distinguished road
TheKneeBiter's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota sells repair tabs for the headlamps. Call the parts dept.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #16
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
JDM = Japanese Domestic Market

Its how makers for shitty import vehicle parts sell shit for a higher rate. Claim everything is JDM, like JDM Tacoma headlights. You see, the thing is, there is no Tacoma in Japan thus making JDM headlights non existant.
yup... I always laugh at the ignorant sellers...
Old 02-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #17
TheKneeBiter is on a distinguished road
TheKneeBiter's Tacoma Gallery
Tabs can be purchased here. Lower or upper. http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0
Old 02-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #18
-Doomsday Squad-"game over man"
RaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud of

RaginCajun's Tacoma Gallery
These are the same ones i got off ebay from the same seller dt_moto, 109.00 for the pair

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories

Old 02-25-2009, 03:35 PM   #19
Addict.

xtirtzt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh3972000 View Post
Is it the top mount ?
yes it was...the outer one
Old 02-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #20
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
These are the same ones i got off ebay from the same seller dt_moto, 109.00 for the pair

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories

not a bad price. how well did the fit,being after market lights?