Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Vinyl wrapped

Old 06-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
thegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Danny
thegreatwall23's Tacoma Gallery
Vinyl wrapped

Well, I thought I would post this here because I have had several people ask about it. I wrapped my truck with 3M 1080 M261, which is the dark matte grey. Took me a while to do, but happy with how it turned out. I had never wrapped anything before this, just watched a lot of YouTube videos and took my time. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer. I hope you like! It turned out pretty good. From 10 feet it looks great, but if you look close you can find a few small places, but overall it looks good for my first time. Actually everything turned out great except the panel that goes over the two doors, down the back door, then under both doors. That was the piece that caused my only issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Vinyl wrapped-20130608_114637.jpg   Vinyl wrapped-20130608_114710.jpg   Vinyl wrapped-20130608_114820.jpg  
Old 06-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. It looks kinda like a cross between MGM and Pyrite Mica in that first picture.

Matt
Old 06-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
I like it! Looks good OP
Old 06-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
megillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
megillet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to megillet
I think it looks sweet. I'm in MJ TN too. Let me know if you ever want to meet up.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
In the last picture what's up with the difference in color on the fender versus the rest of the truck?
Old 06-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #7
www.okledlightbars.com
zilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzilla68 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
zilla68's Tacoma Gallery
couple questions,
where did you buy it?
did it come in sheets or precut for your vehicle?
do you have to prep the surface at all?
did you do it by yourself, or have help?

turned out awesome, I'm interested in doing this also.
thanks for your help.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #9
thegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to beholdthegreatwall23 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilla68 View Post
couple questions,
where did you buy it?
did it come in sheets or precut for your vehicle?
do you have to prep the surface at all?
did you do it by yourself, or have help?

turned out awesome, I'm interested in doing this also.
thanks for your help.
Auto vinyl solutions out of San Antonio. They were awesome. Great price and fast shipping. I would recommend them for sure.

It was one big roll, then you put it on a cut around the panel and tuck it in the creases.

I clay barred the surface and then used denatured alcohol to get everything prepped.

You almost have to have someone help. I tried to do a piece by myself and it didn't work out. Definitely need help. I saw someone on YouTube do it by them self, but there no way someone could do it that has never done it before.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #13
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! I love the bushwackers and fold down lights!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #14
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
I think it looks great good job Dude!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #15
Rocktoy07 is on a distinguished road
Army: Combat Medic, Prior service
Name: Logan
Rocktoy07's Tacoma Gallery
Really diggin the flat/matte look!! Killer!! Good job
Old 06-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #16
lyodbraun is on a distinguished road

Army:
lyodbraun's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome great job... Love the color... What brand rear bumper is that?
Old 06-09-2013, 03:38 AM   #17
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man, id probably do this to my roof, and valance with black vinyl..
Old 06-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #18

It is super forgivable! You can't really mess it up to a point that it isn't fixable. A heat gun is key. If you get a wrinkle or anything, just hit it with the heat gun and it will go right back to the way it was. I was really surprised by how forgivable it was.

I am not sure if they install or not. I am in TN, so I was just looking on the Internet for the cheapest place to buy the vinyl and they were the cheapest I could find. There are people everywhere that install this stuff, it is just really expensive.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #20
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
How durable is it? How long is it supposed to last?