Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weathertech question

Old 06-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #22
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg256 View Post
Wow! My dog would love that!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #23
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al Tonter
jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDaTugBoat View Post
Mine does...

I cut a piece of two inch thick memory foam to fit the space, then made a cover for it...I'll see if I can upload a pic.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #24
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Husky does make this little gem for the back of the older style back seat...apparently hard to find though...I might pick one up too

Photo credit: janster
Old 06-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #25
Calmer than you are

jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDaTugBoat View Post
<---my pup

My set up...
Black wet okoles, black weathertech in front, grey weathertech in rear seat...

I'm gonna find some black neoprene, or order some from wet okole to cover the dog seat at some point.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #26
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh my god right ??!!!!

BUT here is a news flash.

If you drag your foot over the sill no mat is going to prevent
slop from getting in that crack, unless it is formed over
the sill...and those type of mats suck holy balls since they
will grind anything that does get under it on the sill

I have Huskys and no extra crap gets in along the sill than in my
car with Weathertechs

again I will say the important bit is up under the throttle and
dead pedal. That is where your feet are most of the time and where
snow/slush/mud gets melted/dripped/scraped off your shoe/boot and
will get under the mat...which weathertech allows to happen and
Huskys have enough reach to prevent it.

So, for a product that keeps factory carpet clean, -in my own experience-
with weathertechs and husky...husky wins.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #27
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
oh my god right ??!!!!

BUT here is a news flash.

If you drag your foot over the sill no mat is going to prevent
slop from getting in that crack, unless it is formed over
the sill...and those type of mats suck holy balls since they
will grind anything that does get under it on the sill

I have Huskys and no extra crap gets in along the sill than in my
car with Weathertechs

again I will say the important bit is up under the throttle and
dead pedal. That is where your feet are most of the time and where
snow/slush/mud gets melted/dripped/scraped off your shoe/boot and
will get under the mat...which weathertech allows to happen and
Huskys have enough reach to prevent it.

So, for a product that keeps factory carpet clean, -in my own experience-
with weathertechs and husky...husky wins.
I concur with this. The Husky Liners do not have the holes for the locking tabs with is another point for dirt under the Weathertech Liners.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #28
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
I concur with this. The Husky Liners do not have the holes for the locking tabs with is another point for dirt under the Weathertech Liners.
What do you do with the tabs that hold the oem floor mats? Do they keep the Husky floor liners from sitting flush to the floor?
Old 06-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #29
Calmer than you are

jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
The tabs just push into metal grommets in the carpet and can be removed

Old 06-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #31
dirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to behold
dirtfondler's Tacoma Gallery
HuskyLiner WeatherBeater FTW

It doesnt matter what Weathertech is asking about the console, dont buy them for your 2013. Search this forum, there are countless threads about the passenger side mat not fitting.

The Huskyliner photo above is not the comparable Husky product to the Weathertech. That is the lower end photo. You have to compare the Husky Liner Weather Beater. Same price, looks almost the same, but actually fits the 2013.

BTW, the floor mat tab photo above is also wrong. That pic is of the older 2005-2011 floor mat tabs. The 2012 and 2013 tabs are NOT removable, well not easily.

Ask me how I know all this. I bought both brands within a week after the Weathertechs failed miserably to meet my expectations! I should also mention that I had Weathertech in my 2006 Tacoma and loved them, but the fitment for the newer style was disappointing.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #32
Zarny is on a distinguished road

Name: Prem
Zarny's Tacoma Gallery
how did Weathertech fail your expectations? And how is in your opinion Weatherbeater better?
Old 06-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #33
Calmer than you are

jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarny View Post
how did Weathertech fail your expectations? And how is in your opinion Weatherbeater better?
Given his statements, I'd say the fit...
Old 06-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #34
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtfondler View Post
HuskyLiner WeatherBeater FTW

It doesnt matter what Weathertech is asking about the console, dont buy them for your 2013. Search this forum, there are countless threads about the passenger side mat not fitting.

The Huskyliner photo above is not the comparable Husky product to the Weathertech. That is the lower end photo. You have to compare the Husky Liner Weather Beater. Same price, looks almost the same, but actually fits the 2013.

BTW, the floor mat tab photo above is also wrong. That pic is of the older 2005-2011 floor mat tabs. The 2012 and 2013 tabs are NOT removable, well not easily.

Ask me how I know all this. I bought both brands within a week after the Weathertechs failed miserably to meet my expectations! I should also mention that I had Weathertech in my 2006 Tacoma and loved them, but the fitment for the newer style was disappointing.
I checked Husky's site, and they do not list a Weatherbeater set for the 2011-2013 access cab Tacoma, either the front only or a set for front and rear. Odd that there's no option to purchase the fronts only, since you have them, although for a DC. Several other retailers only list them available as a set F&R for the DC.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #35
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwood6 View Post
What do you do with the tabs that hold the oem floor mats? Do they keep the Husky floor liners from sitting flush to the floor?
They have a small dome that fits over the locking tabs ( no hole ).

Yes they sit flush on the floor.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #36
dirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Given his statements, I'd say the fit...

Ding ding ding.... winner.

Must I do everything:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post6485057

On top of the fit, Weathertech was not interested in fixing the issue, and their vendor was not willing to pay the return freight.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #37
Quote:
Originally Posted by glwood6 View Post
I checked Husky's site, and they do not list a Weatherbeater set for the 2011-2013 access cab Tacoma, either the front only or a set for front and rear. Odd that there's no option to purchase the fronts only, since you have them, although for a DC. Several other retailers only list them available as a set F&R for the DC.

The front matter the most and it is where the Weathertechs don't fit. Just buy a front only set of Huskyliners, and a rear AC Weathertech off Amazon warehouse. Or call Husky and ask what is up? Those rears are frequently on Amazon for really cheap.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #38
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
<---my pup

My set up...
Black wet okoles, black weathertech in front, grey weathertech in rear seat...

I'm gonna find some black neoprene, or order some from wet okole to cover the dog seat at some point.
Nice!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #39

glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtfondler View Post
The front matter the most and it is where the Weathertechs don't fit. Just buy a front only set of Huskyliners, and a rear AC Weathertech off Amazon warehouse. Or call Husky and ask what is up? Those rears are frequently on Amazon for really cheap.
I called Husky, and they do not offer the Weatherbeaters for Tacoma Access Cabs, front or back, and they do not offer the fronts only in any configuration. If I really wanted to get a set of Husky Weatherbeater floor liners, I would have to order the DC set and toss the rear liner, or hack it up to make it fit. Not gonna happen.

Husky also said they have no plans to make the Weatherbeater liners for the Tacoma access cabs or offer the fronts only in the foreseeable future. Really makes you want to do business with them...I'm not really interested in their original style floor liners.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #40
Zarny is on a distinguished road

Name: Prem
Zarny's Tacoma Gallery
So my WeatherTech liners came in today and I had them fitted. Well, not exactly. Passenger side didn't fit, as per postings here. They went back to the vendor who ordered Huskies instead. Some companies don't want to make money after all. Their loss.