Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bought/sold/about to buy again 2013 DC LB, should I do it??

Old 06-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #21
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
You know your finances better than anyone... Why ask others what to do with your money? From your comments you know financially it's wrong... So why do it? I lost money on my trade towards my Taco but I wanted it, didn't care and could afford to do it. Seems like your looking for Somone to push you in one direction or another but only you should be deciding which it is. Good luck with your decision.
Longbed loser... Stop killin our fun.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #22
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
Longbed loser... Stop killin our fun.
You again

Of course you don't want him to buy it... It's an LB...

OP, you know what's best for you. It may not be the best financial decision but you may be happier with it! I don't regret my decision for a second. Love my truck more everyday... I think my wife is about ready to kill me over my obsession with TW and my truck! So if I stop posting you'll know why

Good luck!! LB FTW!!
Old 06-11-2013, 02:16 AM   #23
car78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcar78412 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

car78412's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrel View Post
My advice in matters such as this rarely tends to go over well in 21st century America, but less debt is better. Period.

You're just out of school. Pay off your vehicles or sell them and buy a beater. Save your money. Avoid debt. You can still enjoy your life by living within your means.

Put money aside and then someday in the not too distant future haggle the hell out of a dealer for the truck of your dreams....then write him a check. Driving it will be soooo sweet.
People pay for advice like this. Usually when its too late. Bravo!!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:49 AM   #24
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Sell the Mazda and the Rav, get a first gen taco, and a 5-6 year old corolla for her.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #26
Quack Addict
monstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monstertaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Sell the RAV4, sell the Mazda and sell the fiance and buy a new tacoma. All problems solved just that easy. If youre smart youll sell the fiance first though..
Old 06-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #27
Tony1790 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Retired BMC, USCG
Name: Tony
Tony1790's Tacoma Gallery
Just an update:

I kept the girlfriend (for now) as she makes good money, I traded in the 2012 RAV4 toward a brand new 2013 Tacoma DC LB V6 4WD with SR5, Tow package and all weather mats for $28,796 before taxes, fees, (MSRP $31,810).

I got a $2500 sales tax credit, so no taxes on the truck, I did have to eat some negative equity from the RAV, but I like having a truck again and I didn't want to deal with an extra vehicle and maintenance if I had kept the RAV and bought a beater truck.

Thanks for all of the great advice, my plan is to pay off this truck asap and try to keep it as long as I did my last Jeep (10 years).

Tony in TN
Attached Thumbnails
Bought/sold/about to buy again 2013 DC LB, should I do it??-img_1248.jpg  
Old 06-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #28
Tiny Member
andyt11 is on a distinguished road
andyt11's Tacoma Gallery
Stop buying new cars you carnt afford. Sell them all and pay off the debt. Buy a good used car for her and a good used truck for you. Enjoy life. I never had a new vehicle ever until now, and its been a long time coming. 5 year old vehicles can be found in great condition for hslf the price of new. Maybe not Tacomas but there are lots that loose serious money in first few years.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyt11 View Post
Stop buying new cars you carnt afford. Sell them all and pay off the debt. Buy a good used car for her and a good used truck for you. Enjoy life. I never had a new vehicle ever until now, and its been a long time coming. 5 year old vehicles can be found in great condition for hslf the price of new. Maybe not Tacomas but there are lots that loose serious money in first few years.
Howdy,

Didn't say that I couldn't afford it, just that it wasn't smart. My Jeep Cherokee that I sold just before this recent rash of car buying, I bought 4 years old and kept for 10 years. And yes, buying a 5 year old F150 would have been smarter, but I'm past that point.

The local Taco's that are 4-5 years old have 100k miles on them and the owners are asking not much less than a new one. Hopefully this will be my last new vehicle purchase for life, I don't want to make any payments after this (ever). I'm 46, could this be my mid life crisis? Dear God I hope not, I need a Corvette or Mustang and a 20 yo blonde if that's the case

Tony
Old 06-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #30
Tiny Member
andyt11 is on a distinguished road
andyt11's Tacoma Gallery
If it's a midlife crisis, you need to sell all three and pick up a yellow convertible.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #31
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #32
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Your money! Nice ride! DCLB FTW! My truck exactly in red. Except... Did pay extra or ask for those wheels? I got steelies
Old 06-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #33
Moco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311/0331 Security Plt. Hot dogs & Soda 2/23
Name: Eric
Moco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1790 View Post
Howdy,

Didn't say that I couldn't afford it, just that it wasn't smart. My Jeep Cherokee that I sold just before this recent rash of car buying, I bought 4 years old and kept for 10 years. And yes, buying a 5 year old F150 would have been smarter, but I'm past that point.

The local Taco's that are 4-5 years old have 100k miles on them and the owners are asking not much less than a new one. Hopefully this will be my last new vehicle purchase for life, I don't want to make any payments after this (ever). I'm 46, could this be my mid life crisis? Dear God I hope not, I need a Corvette or Mustang and a 20 yo blonde if that's the case

Tony
Well, I think you addressed the main issue - got rid of the RAV4, you have a new truck, she has a new Mazda. You are old enough to take care of yourself, so its not our place to scold you. Now to make the most of your financial expenditure, you both need to drive the wheels off the vehicles. If in 3 years she comes to you asking for a new car, you need to apply the backhand forcefully and liberally.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #34
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco View Post
Well, I think you addressed the main issue - got rid of the RAV4, you have a new truck, she has a new Mazda...........If in 3 years she comes to you asking for a new car, you need to apply the backhand forcefully and liberally.
Then go find that 20yo blonde and get a yellow Corvette
Old 06-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #35
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco View Post
If in 3 years she comes to you asking for a new car, you need to apply the backhand forcefully and liberally.
Gotta keep your pimp hand strong
Old 06-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
Your money! Nice ride! DCLB FTW! My truck exactly in red. Except... Did pay extra or ask for those wheels? I got steelies
$28,796 was with Alloy wheels, I could have saved $400 if I they had one with steel wheels.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #37
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1790 View Post
$28,796 was with Alloy wheels, I could have saved $400 if I they had one with steel wheels.
I didn't care about the steel wheels because I knew I wanted to buy new ones. After seeing those alloys powder coated or plasti-dipped I probably wouldn't buy new wheels... But since I'm buying new ones might as well go all out!!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #38
Ionnaeus is on a distinguished road
Name: Jon
Ionnaeus's Tacoma Gallery
Throwing good money after bad at some point here. Get something and stick with it. Whatever "it" is.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #39
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
Do people read past the first post? Truck bought, deal done...