LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Icon Stage 4T On The Way

Old 06-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
hellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hellsbay's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Icon Stage 4T On The Way

I have a 2013 DC TRD OR and just ordered the Icon stage 4T lift with CDC. I have already done the tailgate security fix, the center console organization, and added a brake controller in the center console using the Amanda Rae write up. Today I am doing the plasti-dip mod on all the emblems. I have black TRD FJ wheels waiting for the lift and will put Goodyear Druatracs, 265/75/16's on the new wheels. Can't wait to get this project done.

Thanks to this forum, I have learned more about my new truck than I could have done on my own in such a short time.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Congrats on your new truck. Post pics after you get the lift installed. Yeah this forum is awesome!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbay View Post
I have a 2013 DC TRD OR and just ordered the Icon stage 4T lift with CDC. I have already done the tailgate security fix, the center console organization, and added a brake controller in the center console using the Amanda Rae write up. Today I am doing the plasti-dip mod on all the emblems. I have black TRD FJ wheels waiting for the lift and will put Goodyear Druatracs, 265/75/16's on the new wheels. Can't wait to get this project done.

Thanks to this forum, I have learned more about my new truck than I could have done on my own in such a short time.

Sounds like a sweet setup!

But why the 265's? You will have everything setup well so you could easily fit 285/75/16s.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
hellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I thought from reading posts on this forum that I would have to trim and cut to fit the 285's in without rubbing. Maybe I misread.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I thought from reading posts on this forum that I would have to trim and cut to fit the 285's in without rubbing. Maybe I misread.
I didn't
Old 06-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
P9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to beholdP9HST2 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
P9HST2's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! The 265 tires are the way to go if you want full articulation, from what I've heard. Sweet setup a step above mine.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #7

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the help on this.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:35 AM   #8
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
i have run 285s for 3 years on a 2.5" lift in the front and 1.5" in the rear. i have gone down quite a few trails in colorado and utah and have never rubbed.

i believe icon even recommends 285s.

i am just bringing this up because imo it would be a waste to spend that kind of $$$ on a suspension setup and not get every bit of ground clearance you can.

but either way post pics when you get it finished up
Old 06-12-2013, 04:50 AM   #9

Thanks Brandon, I am still researching and have not made up my mind.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:50 AM   #10
Recall is on a distinguished road
Navy: ET1(SW\IDW)
Name: kurtiss
Recall's Tacoma Gallery
Subed

Want to see the results. Thats the lift that I have on my wish list. Good luck
Old 06-17-2013, 03:59 AM   #11
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I think 265s would be a good choice. Dont get 285s unless you are willing to trim, especially if you offroad. Ya some people say they had no trimming, but there are two many factors and every setup is different. I had to do the cab mount chop to run 285s on the street. Im jealous of your setup, i bet the icon s4 will ride so nice.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:32 AM   #12

The lift arrived yesterday. I hope to have it on by the end of the week. I will post pics when it happens.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #14

OK, I finally got it done, at least the suspension, wheels and tires. I blacked out the badges, installed trailer brake controller, weather tech mats, hard cover on bed, tailgate security mod and a few other things. Still need rock rails and maybe bumpers. I got the Icon stage 4 with CDC on and TRD black wheels and Wrangler Duratracs.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #15
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nice truck. I love that color and it looks badass with those wheels. Did you go with 265s? How are you liking the CDC? Think it was worth the extra money? I am considering getting it done when i have some icons rebuilt.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #16

Yes, I went with 265's. I have not used the CDC other than driving about 5 miles on streets since the suspension was installed. It is set at 4 which is the setting that it would be if there were no CDC. The ride has improved over the the stock suspension. Now it feels more like my FJ Cruiser, which is a good thing. I have an Icon stage 2 on my FJ Cruiser. The CDC is only on the front. To get it in the back you have to go to a stage 5 with the 2.5 inch shocks. When they were installing the tires and wheels at Tire Kingdom, I had several people come up to me with complements about how the truck looked with the new tires and wheels. They were also impressed with the Icon suspension. I am really happy with the way the truck looks and handles so far. Here is a pic of my FJ.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #17

Awesome, you should report back once you get a chance to mess around with the CDC. Oh ya, before i forget
Old 06-22-2013, 03:52 AM   #18
Coastie80 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician USCG
Name: Kevin
Coastie80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OK, I finally got it done, at least the suspension, wheels and tires. I blacked out the badges, installed trailer brake controller, weather tech mats, hard cover on bed, tailgate security mod and a few other things. Still need rock rails and maybe bumpers. I got the Icon stage 4 with CDC on and TRD black wheels and Wrangler Duratracs.

First off....really nice truck.

I am new to modding the Tacomas and am getting close to starting on mine. I had my eye on the same kit you put in, but I have a couple questions. How much lift did ya get out of the kit, and what is the CDC?
Old 06-22-2013, 04:29 AM   #19

Hi Coastie80,

As near as I can figure I got about 2.5 inches in the front and 1.5 in the back. The CDC is something new from Icon, about three months old. It allows you to control the ride by changing the valve position in the shock. It has 10 positions. Number 4 is the one that matches the valve if it did not have the CDC. I have not had a chance yet to experiment with the different positions. When I do, I will report back in this forum. With the tires at 265/75/16, I got an extra half inch of clearance. This system is not really a lift so much as a suspension system.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #20
Ionnaeus is on a distinguished road
Name: Jon
Ionnaeus's Tacoma Gallery
That is a great looking truck

Products Discussed in this Thread