Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Flooring

Old 09-06-2007, 09:23 PM   #1
Manofs is on a distinguished road

Manofs's Tacoma Gallery
New Flooring

So, i am getting tired of cleaning the floor of my truck. i used to work at a dealership, and they had some trucks that had vinyl flooring. i am not talking about where you can buy some sections online, but the entire floor was vinyl. does anyone know where i might be able to do this to my floor. i want to take the carpet out completely.....can you realize how easy it would be to clean the floor......man, just turn the hose on and your good.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #2
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
I know some guys that pulled out their carpet, drilled a couple of drain holes in their truck and covered the floor in bed liner.

Not the best suggestion, but a suggestion.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
Manofs is on a distinguished road

Manofs's Tacoma Gallery
thats not a bad idea, have you heard anything else......., although i do agree its not the smartest idea but i really dont want carpet anymore
Old 09-06-2007, 10:22 PM   #4
LRH is on a distinguished road
LRH's Tacoma Gallery
Even the modern trucks with just vinyl flooring have tons of sound deadening/thermal insulation under that mat. Cat converter will fry your feet, a/c will struggle to cool, and worse yet if you hose it out anyway, it will trap and rust floors, fog windows etc. You can sweep it out with a small broom, and then use a large wet towel to clean without letting to much run under the door step plate trim. Older trucks did have mats directly on top of sheetmetal with just a firewall pad for insulation, but you won't find them like that now. My 03 Jeep Wrangler had no pading in the footwells, but plenty in the tunnel, when you went to remove tunnel carpet there was a big warniing label under there stating not to operate without floor covering.

EDIT: get some husky floor liners, if you can't keep your feet confined to these, just remove carpet and drill some drain holes like said above.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:06 AM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I just dont worry about my carpet.... screw it. if it gets dirty it gets dirty. i just got mine fully detailed last week and that included them shampooing the seats and carpet. i'm just gonna do that every month or so. i'll make the mess and let someone else clean it up.... thats how i roll
Old 09-09-2007, 08:28 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance
07TRDsport is on a distinguished road

07TRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
i'll make the mess and let someone else clean it up.... thats how i roll
haha you should be in the lazy division ND
Old 09-10-2007, 12:17 PM   #7
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
07TRD: I am in the lazy division, i founded the Carolina Alliance and part of our creedo is that we're lazy and unmotivated. If you're gonna sport that Carolina Alliance tag under your handle you better be lazy too. If we find out that you are motivated and a hard worker thats grounds for dismissal from the Alliance