1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Flooring

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Manofs, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Sep 6, 2007 at 8:23 PM
    Manofs

Manofs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So, i am getting tired of cleaning the floor of my truck. i used to work at a dealership, and they had some trucks that had vinyl flooring. i am not talking about where you can buy some sections online, but the entire floor was vinyl. does anyone know where i might be able to do this to my floor. i want to take the carpet out completely.....can you realize how easy it would be to clean the floor......man, just turn the hose on and your good.

2. Sep 6, 2007 at 8:43 PM
    reid

reid Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 Access Cab
    Magna Flow stainless cat-back, 3" Toytec Lift, 32" Mickey Thompsons
    I know some guys that pulled out their carpet, drilled a couple of drain holes in their truck and covered the floor in bed liner.

Not the best suggestion, but a suggestion.

3. Sep 6, 2007 at 9:00 PM
    Manofs

Manofs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    thats not a bad idea, have you heard anything else......., although i do agree its not the smartest idea but i really dont want carpet anymore

4. Sep 6, 2007 at 9:22 PM
    LRH

LRH Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA USA
    Vehicle:
    '07 2.7L PreRunner
    Even the modern trucks with just vinyl flooring have tons of sound deadening/thermal insulation under that mat. Cat converter will fry your feet, a/c will struggle to cool, and worse yet if you hose it out anyway, it will trap and rust floors, fog windows etc. You can sweep it out with a small broom, and then use a large wet towel to clean without letting to much run under the door step plate trim. Older trucks did have mats directly on top of sheetmetal with just a firewall pad for insulation, but you won't find them like that now. My 03 Jeep Wrangler had no pading in the footwells, but plenty in the tunnel, when you went to remove tunnel carpet there was a big warniing label under there stating not to operate without floor covering.

EDIT: get some husky floor liners, if you can't keep your feet confined to these, just remove carpet and drill some drain holes like said above.

5. Sep 7, 2007 at 7:06 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I just dont worry about my carpet.... screw it. if it gets dirty it gets dirty. i just got mine fully detailed last week and that included them shampooing the seats and carpet. i'm just gonna do that every month or so. i'll make the mess and let someone else clean it up.... thats how i roll :)

6. Sep 9, 2007 at 7:28 PM
    07TRDsport

07TRDsport Carolina Alliance

Member:
    haha you should be in the lazy division ND

7. Sep 10, 2007 at 11:17 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    07TRD: I am in the lazy division, i founded the Carolina Alliance and part of our creedo is that we're lazy and unmotivated. If you're gonna sport that Carolina Alliance tag under your handle you better be lazy too. If we find out that you are motivated and a hard worker thats grounds for dismissal from the Alliance :)

Products Discussed in

To Top