Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Budgeted $3500 for tires/wheels/lift thoughts?

View Poll Results: Which Set of Tires To add to my 3" Lift??
Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 265/70/17 40 42.11%
BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO 275/70/17 30 31.58%
BF GoodRich Mud-Terrain T/A KO 255/80/17 19 20.00%
Hankook Dynapro ATM 255/75/17 6 6.32%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #21
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
im just going to leave this here.. ome with 285's.. do it.

Untitled by beavis0076, on Flickr
Another short bed buddy for ya...
Old 06-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #22
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CollegeKevin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
Another short bed buddy for ya...
Do you have spacers to use the stock rims with 285's?
Old 06-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #23
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Kevin View Post

Yes.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #24
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Kevin View Post
Wrong person...but yes
Old 06-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #25
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CollegeKevin's Tacoma Gallery
LOL. yea i noticed that after the fact.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #26
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsheriff11 View Post
Yes, I am getting the icon UCA's with this set up, thank you.
Oh okay cool. ICON makes good products so you will be happy with them.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #27
Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
So looks like I'm going for it. 3" OME complete lift kit with leafs, FJ Trail Team wheels matte black, BFG A/T KO 265/75/r16 ( will jump to 285's next go round), spidertrax 1.25" spacers, extended brake lines, and Icon tubular UCA's. Thanks for everyone's help on here, looking forward to future endeavors!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #28
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered almost the same set-up from Wheelers Off Road. I went with the Light Racing UCAs to save a few hundred dollars. I went with 1/4" spacers on top of the front to get a little extra lift. I already have 265/70/17 Duratracs on my Texas Edition Wheels so I'm sticking with those. Should be here next week, can't wait to throw it on.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #29
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
So looks like I'm going for it. 3" OME complete lift kit with leafs, FJ Trail Team wheels matte black, BFG A/T KO 265/75/r16 ( will jump to 285's next go round), spidertrax 1.25" spacers, extended brake lines, and Icon tubular UCA's. Thanks for everyone's help on here, looking forward to future endeavors!
Sick! Can't wait to see pics when done. I'm debating on tire size too, maybe you'll persuade me one way or another.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:43 AM   #30
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
I just ordered almost the same set-up from Wheelers Off Road. I went with the Light Racing UCAs to save a few hundred dollars. I went with 1/4" spacers on top of the front to get a little extra lift. I already have 265/70/17 Duratracs on my Texas Edition Wheels so I'm sticking with those. Should be here next week, can't wait to throw it on.
Let me see some pics when you are done!
Old 06-12-2013, 05:54 AM   #31
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Let me see some pics when you are done!
Will do!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #32

EMS:
So decided on a different route, just bought the icon ext travels, icon uca's, and Dakar springs. I will be out of town the next 3 weeks so won't get to install for about a month. I will update.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #33
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Skip out on the 285s and go with 265 if you care about mileage and honestly 265 is cheaper
Old 07-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #34
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I had a $3000 budget for lift wheel and tires. I ended up going over a little, i went with the full OME kit with dakars, light racing upper control arms, SCS stealth 6 wheels and 285/70/17 duratracs. I am pretty happy with everything overall, but i have caught the suspension bug and i will be upgrading to Icons, i want a better on road ride, then hopefully slowly upgrading to a full mid travel setup.

Edit: i didnt see this post

Quote:
So decided on a different route, just bought the icon ext travels, icon uca's, and Dakar springs. I will be out of town the next 3 weeks so won't get to install for about a month. I will update.
Good choice!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #35
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I would skip the wheel spacers if you get the trail teams. Especially with 265s. There are guys who run 285s on those wheels and claim to not rub the UCA.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #36

EMS:
Yea, I think I am going to keep my stock sport wheels I got powdercoated for a while and throw some 265/70/17 duratracs on them and not get wheel spacers. What you guys think? I will go bigger on the tires down the road, just aesthetically I wonder if these tires will look ok. Also tossing the idea of bfg's in a 275/70/17, but don't like the idea of an odd ball tire size.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #37
Quack Addict
monstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monstertaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my two cents. OME with dakars and 285s.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #38
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go with 255/80/17s for tires. Should require less trimming than 285s and shouldn't hurt gas mileage as much
Old 07-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #39
Fivespeed is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN2
Fivespeed's Tacoma Gallery
Since upgrading to 285/70/17 Dynapro MT from 265/70/17 Dynapro ATM I haven't noticed a hit in gas mileage like everyone states on this forum. Just filled up this morning and I averaged 18.2 mpg last tank after an overnight trip to the mountains. The best I ever got with my 265's was maybe 19 mpg. Keep it at 65 or under and this truck gets decent gas mileage.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #40
Old Fart
Rival14 has a spectacular aura aboutRival14 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dave, The Lip Ripper Extraordinaire
Rival14's Tacoma Gallery
$3K to $3500 is plenty doable.

My rig:
$1200 toytec ULK
$500 Install
$700 265/70/17 Grabber AT2
$600 17x9 Level 8 MK6 Wheels

$3k on the button.