Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Front Hubs, Wheel Bearing, CV Joint Issues?

Old 02-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
TroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TroutBum's Tacoma Gallery
Front Hubs, Wheel Bearing, CV Joint Issues?

Has anyone had any issues with the front hubs / wheel bearings / cv joints on the 4wd models? It was pretty cold last night (I've had enough of winter! ) - something up front was making some interesting noises this morning.

Took it into the dealer, they thought it might be a frozen hub and asked me to drive it for a few days (warmer weather in the forecast). Wasn't thrilled with that, but it's under warranty so if it breaks it breaks... Didn't have the truck in 4wd yesterday, but did use it some during the snow storm over the weekend. No noise on the way home tonight, I'm wondering if water/snow made it's way somewhere it's not supposed to and froze overnight?

Mike