Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I made a mistake, advise, spindle lift and locker or a 4*4

Old 06-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #21
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
This is why you should Gert exactly what you want before you buy
Old 06-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #22
dustinJ is on a distinguished road

Name: Dustin
dustinJ's Tacoma Gallery
Yea good point. I didn't think about that. You'll probably be happier with 4x4.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #23
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Update: so right after I got my promotion and decided to get a new truck layoffs started due to rising interest rates. I have made it through two rounds of cuts the last two months by working my butt off and staying off tacomaworld. We are down to a small group now and Im starting to feel safer agian. Im going to take my truck to toyota this weekend for my free oil change and I was thinking it might be time now to get a new one. The payment will basically be the same but will be another 60 months before I pay it off. Am I crazy or should I wait? If the payments the same does it really matter if I get laid off Im still going to owe. The other news is I will probably drop 2,000 into new suspension and UCAs and another 1,500 on armor but the armor can wait. What would you guys do?
Old 09-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #24
jrtodd46 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
jrtodd46's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you spend money on a lift and armor if you're worried about being laid off?

I would put that money in a "when I get laid off" fund.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #25
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtodd46 View Post
Why would you spend money on a lift and armor if you're worried about being laid off?

This
Old 09-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #26
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

^^^^^

Best answer right there

Stops thinking wants and think about what you'll need when you eventually get tossed and are left finding a new job.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #27
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

I have a rainy day fund already set aside. And I need the lift to keep my old tires on the new truck from rubbing.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #28
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
I have a rainy day fund already set aside. And I need the lift to keep my old tires on the new truck from rubbing.
What tires are on the truck now?
Old 09-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #29
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Go 4x4...you'll regret it if you don't. I do
Old 09-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #30
Senor Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
What tires are on the truck now?
265/70/17. They rubbed at full lock with my rims without a lift and they tried to eat my mudflaps when I was in reverse. I could get the truck do some triming and take off the mud flaps if I wanted to hold off on the lift.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #31
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Smaller tires is a lot more affordable then mods or a new truck and you can add even more to that rainy day fund

If switching to a 4x4 think of the added cost of insurance.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #32
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
Smaller tires is a lot more affordable then mods or a new truck and you can add even more to that rainy day fund

If switching to a 4x4 think of the added cost of insurance.
I checked into that and for me it would have only been about $10 extra per month to have 4x4
Old 09-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #34
Senor Taco

Its paying the tax man again for buying a new truck that really bothers me. It just seems liek the right time. The 2013 are going to be alittle cheaper because the 14s are on the way. It will snow in a couple months and a 4*4 would be nice.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #35
Colt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
having 4x4 is not that much of difference as far as insurance.
Mine went up a whole 10 dollars a month.

To be honest OP, Get the 4x4. Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

This is why I always say buy once cry once. With my truck I got what I wanted the first time, so now have no regrets about it.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #36
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Update: so right after I got my promotion and decided to get a new truck layoffs started due to rising interest rates. I have made it through two rounds of cuts the last two months by working my butt off and staying off tacomaworld. We are down to a small group now and Im starting to feel safer agian. Im going to take my truck to toyota this weekend for my free oil change and I was thinking it might be time now to get a new one. The payment will basically be the same but will be another 60 months before I pay it off. Am I crazy or should I wait? If the payments the same does it really matter if I get laid off Im still going to owe. The other news is I will probably drop 2,000 into new suspension and UCAs and another 1,500 on armor but the armor can wait. What would you guys do?

only rational decision is to wait. if you go ahead.. you are part of the american problem of no personal fiscal responsibility.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #37
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

should have been doing this in the first place.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #38
Senor Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
should have been doing this in the first place.
Yeah, but sometimes its nice taking my eyes off the work for a couple minutes every hour. And by working my butt off I meant I went from working 8 hour days and taking lunch and checking tacoma work once and a while to working 10+ hour days, no breaks, and no tacoma world. I understand that many americans are drowning in debt, but my wife and my debt to income is low and we have plenty equity in our house, but maybe Im just trying to talk myself into a new truck.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #39
SUPER MOD

Quote:
Yeah, but sometimes its nice taking my eyes off the work for a couple minutes every hour. And by working my butt off I meant I went from working 8 hour days and taking lunch and checking tacoma work once and a while to working 10+ hour days, no breaks, and no tacoma world. I understand that many americans are drowning in debt, but my wife and my debt to income is low and we have plenty equity in our house, but maybe Im just trying to talk myself into a new truck.
^this.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:16 PM   #40
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Do you really need 4x4 I mean I got it because I love in the PNW and you need it here if you drive through the mountains