1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BAMF Bolt-on Slider Questions??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JMWolf96, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Jun 11, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    JMWolf96

JMWolf96 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Severn, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Guys,

I picked up a pair of BAMF sliders from another forum member and had a couple of questions before I begin mounting them ( I searched but could not find...):

1. Did anyone else run into issues with mounting the driver side slider with the brake lines? It looks like one of the mounting positions places the bolt right in the path of the rear brake lines mounted on the inner side of the frame?

2. Which way are you supposed to mount the "double-welded nut bracket" for the front mounting position? Bolt side fitted into the frame, or flush side against the frame?

Thanks for all of the help, these thing are beasts!!

S/F

Jim

2. Jun 11, 2013 at 7:54 PM
    monstertaco12

monstertaco12 Quack Addict

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco TRD Off Road
    This is all I could find on them. I would call Jerry lee at B.A.M.F. If he can't answer it no one can.

"I have a set of BAMF DCLB sliders. Bought them here used.

FWIW, all the holes in the vertical portion of the mounts aligned well with oem frame holes.

My sliders came with square plate washers and round typical grade 8 washers. It seems the square plate washers go against the frame and the round washers go against the slider bracket.

My sliders also had a pair of long plate style with welded on nuts for the forward mounts.

The BAMF DCLB sliders were originally designed for 4wd applications. My truck is a 2wd prerunner. One of the brackets, while it aligns with the frame holes, 2 holes per side have rivets in them and a bolt on the lower surface. These fasteners required me to slightly trim the lower flange of the slider. I have not yet removed the rivets and installed bolts but plan to.

I called BAMF about this and Jerry Lee stated that the riveted crossmember for the frame is in a different location 2wd vs 4wd DCLB's.

Regardless though, you will need to drill the slider bracket lower mount holes along the frame rails lower flange.

If you still need photos, I'll take some in a couple days when I get home.

These are, in my opinion pretty stealth and not noticed unless near the truck, but should prove to be very robust.

PK

Want to add, I corrosion proofed all the small parts by glass beading and applying OSPHO, then Rustoleum krinkle painted. The sliders themselves had been LineX'd by the original owner. When the sliders were installed, I coated the fasteners with Mastinox."

Products Discussed in

To Top