Notices

Tsb leaf spring for trd off road

Old 06-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
Alexfiggy is on a distinguished road
Marines: Corporal MALS 39 ord 3 maw
Name: Alex
Alexfiggy's Tacoma Gallery
Tsb leaf spring for trd off road

Tsb leaf spring for trd off road are they going to replace my 3 pack for the Tsb springs under warranty ?
Old 06-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
And long as your under the specified miles required or just haggle with them enough they'll replace it with the 4 leaf pack.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:30 AM   #3
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexfiggy View Post
Tsb leaf spring for trd off road are they going to replace my 3 pack for the Tsb springs under warranty ?

No. As per your info you have a 2012. The 2012's are not covered by the TSB for LEaf Springs. AFAIK
Old 06-12-2013, 01:54 AM   #4
Jadpitt27 is on a distinguished road
Jadpitt27's Tacoma Gallery
I believe the TSB for the "15-25 MPH vibration" will get you the 4 leaf pack.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:18 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadpitt27 View Post
How doe that work? I don't have vibes.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:55 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't matter if its covered or not.....

If you bitch, complain, and ream them a new asshole.....they'll give you what you want.

Just sayin....

Try different dealerships also. Some dealerships will be easier to accommodate you without much effort.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #7
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota leaf packs suck

Just get the Wheelers HD one and call it a day
Old 06-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #8
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadpitt27 View Post
No, they just swapped my overload spring when I had this done. I tried to get the harsh ride leaf TSB and they denied me. They were just being difficult.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JpAdct View Post
No, they just swapped my overload spring when I had this done.
What do you mean ?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Toyota leaf packs suck

Just get the Wheelers HD one and call it a day
Never heared of them?got a link?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Never heared of them?got a link?
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upt...eafsprings.htm
Old 06-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
Not so.
Really? Part of the tsb is to replace the rear leafs. What do they replace them with, a different 3 leaf pack?
Old 06-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
Yes.
I did not realize that. Wow... No tsb for me!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #16
Monster1 is on a distinguished road
Army: 11th Infantry (radio man)
Monster1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know you have the TRD Off Road, but my 2012 Texas Edition came with the 4 leaf springs, when I bought mine brand new if that's any help.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #17
TRDZR2 is on a distinguished road
TRDZR2's Tacoma Gallery
Complain and shop around. Some dealer will want the work. 3 leaf packs suck and my TRD OR is just as capable with the new 4 leaves i had done as one with 3. The Baja has 4 leaves and that is based on an OR.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #18
TaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylorU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
TaylorU's Tacoma Gallery
I actually had the tab done on my truck a few weeks back. It was a giant hassle and took about 6 days for the extended warranty to decide to cover it. After a few "intense" phone conversations, I got it done. My dealer even ordered the new 4 leaf packs instead of the 3 leafs that are usually used. Try requesting the newer leaf spring packs at the dealer if you go to get the tsb done!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:52 AM   #19
kevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant future

kevinthefawker's Tacoma Gallery
i bought my 2012 and put 5k miles on the stock suspension setup and the rear leafs were shot already. upgraded the suspension and got the tsb done. it didnt last more then 10k miles before being like the old 3 leaf pack.
so get it done if you need a temporary fix to hold you by before you do a real leaf pack. or dont even waste your time and go get a real leaf pack from the start.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:07 AM   #20
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What do you mean ?
Sorry, I meant overload leaf, the bottom leaf in my three leaf pack appeared to be the only thing changed when they attempted to cure my driveline vibration with the TSB fix. It didn't work, and so also they denied my harsh rise TSB (adding the 4th leaf) since they had just swapped the overload spring. They said "we need to see how things work out with this fix first." Well the vibration fix attempt failed, I knew that within 100 yards of driving my truck. So I told them to give me the extra leaf so we can at least fix something??? They denied it. I added Icon AAL pack myself and fixed the loaded ride height as well as my vibration is MUCH better. Not sure if it was the AALs or the fact that I tightened my U bolts to 100lbs, but one of the two greatly reduced my vibrations.