Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed Liner on Flares/Bumper Question

Old 06-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #1
What?
danbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
danbow's Tacoma Gallery
Question Bed Liner on Flares/Bumper Question

I'm considering putting bed liner on my fender flares, both rear and the front right are scraped up. I still have the OE bumper for now and probably will for the next few years.

Has anyone used bedliner on the front fender flares and front bumper mouldings that line up with the flares? I could not find pics of the front done like this. I don't want to do the whole front bumper cover.

It seems that it would look strange to not do the front bumper mouldings as well when doing the front flares due to how they line up. Hoping someone has a pic of this done.

Searched, plenty of info on recommended types of bed liner for this application, but could not find exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
i did mine, i need to re-do it though. i used the bedliner in a can and applied it by roller. it did not coat evenly, i had huge chunks of the abrasive material everywhere and it is starting to flake off where it did not apply correctly. i used an adhesion promoter on everything too. i actually plan to re-do it this weekend, except i plan to use aerosol this time. my hopes is that this will coat a little better.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
What?
danbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud of

danbow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
i did mine, i need to re-do it though. i used the bedliner in a can and applied it by roller. it did not coat evenly, i had huge chunks of the abrasive material everywhere and it is starting to flake off where it did not apply correctly. i used an adhesion promoter on everything too. i actually plan to re-do it this weekend, except i plan to use aerosol this time. my hopes is that this will coat a little better.

Thanks, so you did the front bumper mouldings also or just the flares?

I'll probaby have a shop do it. (it will almost cost me nothing or I'd probably do it the way you did)
Old 06-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
i did the front bumper, rear bumper, and the flares. i couldve sworn i took pics of it. i'll double check.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
Silly-villian
battlegeek is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Geek
Name: Eric
battlegeek's Tacoma Gallery
I just did the fender flares and mouldings on the bumper cover. I used the 3M bedliner from WalMart with a roller. I tried the spray can, and that went on like crap. Use the roller. Just wash and prep it correctly and it goes fine. Use Blue painters tape and it takes a few coats to get it thick enough to look right.

I'll find pics

AND

Oh, and dirty

Old 06-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #6
What?

danbow's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Gives me a really good idea of what it will look like on the front cover and flares for my BSP double cab. That first pic is exactly the one I was trying to find or something close to it.