Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How many TRD Off-Roads Have/Want a Hood Scoop?

View Poll Results: Should TRD Off-Road have a hood scoop?
Yes, more scoops the better 216 55.67%
No, Scoops are for Sports 172 44.33%
Voters: 388. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
pbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpbm317 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
pbm317's Tacoma Gallery
How many TRD Off-Roads Have/Want a Hood Scoop?

I've seen a growing number of TRD Off-Roads with swapped on Scoop Hoods.

So I was just wondering how many TRD Off-Road people either have or want the scoop!

Or maybe TRD Sport guys think it should be something exclusively for the Sport?

I have a Sport, love my scoop, I don't care if the TRD Off-Road's have them.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I have an SR5 and want the scoop also
Old 06-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Everybody wants the scoop

Only some people won't admit it
Old 06-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Too much glare from the sun
Old 06-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
jose12taco is on a distinguished road
Name: jose
jose12taco's Tacoma Gallery
I also would want the color matched grill and bumper
Old 06-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
I miss the scoop on my sport. It's too bad I couldn't get one on my OR without buying one. Oh well, maybe sometime down the road I'll get one.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
I'd take a skewp for my SR5.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
Too much glare from the sun
I get glare off my non-skewp hood and off the damn steering wheel emblem.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #9
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
If it was functional yes. Cosmetic no. So that is a NO.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #10
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Eskewp. They add like +15 hp right? I had the option to swap hoods with a guy in San Diego, then I read about the glare issue, so I passed. I don't need the extra 15 mph anyways.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #11
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
It would be nice if was actually functional.

I do like the looks of the skewp, but I am a believer of function over form.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post
It would be nice if was actually functional.
I'd mount an led in it to make it so.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #13
Raoul Duke is on a distinguished road

Name: CJ
Raoul Duke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Everybody wants the scoop

Only some people won't admit it

speak for yourself!!!! a non functional skewp?.... you can put it next to chrome shit, stick on vents, spinners, low pro mudders, deep dish wheels, fake dual exhausts, spoilers on tonneau covers, block lifts, puck lifts and I'm sure theres more that can be added to that list!

the ONLY reason a scoop is reasonable is to cool an intercooler or if the factory designed it to cool engine bay temps.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #14
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
speak for yourself!!!! a non functional skewp?.... you can put it next to chrome shit, stick on vents, spinners, low pro mudders, deep dish wheels, fake dual exhausts, spoilers on tonneau covers, block lifts, puck lifts and I'm sure theres more that can be added to that list!

the ONLY reason a scoop is reasonable is to cool an intercooler or if the factory designed it to cool engine bay temps.
Like that river in Egypt
Old 06-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #15
BrandonBD10 has a spectacular aura aboutBrandonBD10 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brandon
BrandonBD10's Tacoma Gallery
i would like a skewp for my SR5 but i would also like to put led light bar in it if i had one .(my first comment on TW)
Old 06-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #16
Plannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Plannerman99's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda lame and kinda cool, just depends on the day.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #17
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post

What's wrong with spinners? Especially the walmart ones.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
What's wrong with spinners? Especially the walmart ones.
or stacks

If I didn't have a cap I would definitely try to get those set up
Old 06-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #19
Needs money for mods
HombreSteven is on a distinguished road

HombreSteven's Tacoma Gallery
If you take your taco off road then mud, dirt, sand, etc. will go into the scoop into the engine . but seriously the scoops look badass
Old 06-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HombreSteven View Post
If you take your taco off road then mud, dirt, sand, etc. will go into the scoop into the engine .
Say wut ?

Products Discussed in this Thread