Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2013 Tilt Steering Wheel

Old 06-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
garrett490 is on a distinguished road
garrett490's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Tilt Steering Wheel

I searched and searched with no luck. Sorry to start a new thread if this is covered else where.

I test drove a 2013 DC OR. Hopped in and went to tilt the wheel down and it hit the stop much higher than I normally like my steering wheels. Anyone else notice this? Are all they 05's and newer identical when it comes to how far down the wheel will tilt? As far as I remember the gen 1 tilts down right where I like it. Any way to fix this issue because I'm stuck between the gen 1 and early gen 2s right now. The 2013 is out of the running due to how high the wheel was when tilted all the way down...felt like a school bus.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett490 View Post
I searched and searched with no luck. Sorry to start a new thread if this is covered else where.

I test drove a 2013 DC OR. Hopped in and went to tilt the wheel down and it hit the stop much higher than I normally like my steering wheels. Anyone else notice this? Are all they 05's and newer identical when it comes to how far down the wheel will tilt? As far as I remember the gen 1 tilts down right where I like it. Any way to fix this issue because I'm stuck between the gen 1 and early gen 2s right now. The 2013 is out of the running due to how high the wheel was when tilted all the way down...felt like a school bus.
My steering wheel tilts down the same as my dads 04, so I have no idea what the deal was. Bad wheel lol?

But seriously, I just pull the tab under the wheel and it adjusts down plenty low. I am 5'9" for reference, and like my wheel lined up so it encapsulates the gauges without obstruction.

EDIT: best picture I have of how mine is adjusted, and you can see I have a full inch or so gap below the wheel for more adjustment if I wanted it lower.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery
It's telescopic as well. Maybe between the 2 adjustments you can find a position you can live with.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
TRDZR2 is on a distinguished road
TRDZR2's Tacoma Gallery
That shift lever looks like it came from Adam & Eve.com. Is that stock for 2012 up?

Not much adjustment in my 2008 wheel either. Not really needed though.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDZR2 View Post
That shift lever looks like it came from Adam & Eve.com. Is that stock for 2012 up?

Not much adjustment in my 2008 wheel either. Not really needed though.
Lol no its an FJ Crusier shifter, but thanks for the dildo chuckle