Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Truck hit while parked, what would you do?

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Let the insurance companies deal with it. 216 94.74%
Let them pay out of pocket. 12 5.26%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #41
dph473 is on a distinguished road
dph473's Tacoma Gallery
I've been in the exact same situation and got screwed trying to help the other person out. Never did get all my money back. There was always an excuse for delay in payment and such a hassle to constantly call them asking for money.
Follow what most are saying here...go through insurance!
Oh, and from what I hear Carfax will get info from insurance and from police reports so since a report was filed, Carfax will show an accident regardless if you use insurance.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #42
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph473 View Post
I've been in the exact same situation and got screwed trying to help the other person out. Never did get all my money back. There was always an excuse for delay in payment and such a hassle to constantly call them asking for money.
Follow what most are saying here...go through insurance!
Oh, and from what I hear Carfax will get info from insurance and from police reports so since a report was filed, Carfax will show an accident regardless if you use insurance.

OP, INSURANCE company...for your own piece of mind..

CarFax now has it..police reports get registered on CF quicker than Auto Body shop ticket/work orders...
Old 06-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #43
cooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of light

cooktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Unless the guy was standing there with hundred dollar bills in his hand - go with insurance. Anything else and you will never see the money.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #45
Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask
JayDawg is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayDawg's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely let the insurance deal wit it. The person was shady for leaving the scene to begin with and then became wishy washy on how they want it handled. Put it in the insurances hands to deal with it so it has to get done not some person who lacks morals and decision making.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:53 AM   #47
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Grab your gun and invite the person up to the mountains for a lovely duel
Old 06-14-2013, 02:42 AM   #48
andjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to behold
Law Enforcement: LAXPD
Name: Andew
andjenliang's Tacoma Gallery
have insurance take care of it. screw worrying about carfax and depreciation if you wanna sell the car im sure there is always buyer for the tacoma no matter what.

Also when you filed the collision report with LEO did the LEO contact them or did they comeback themselves. I mean i would be like HIT AND RUN and try to get them a misdemeanor charge (no bodily injury or severe damage= misdemeanor in CA) and get their insurance to cover it. This way you can make them go through the financial and time expense of going to court, then make them pay for it with insurance and im sure the insurance company would really increase their premiums because clearly broke the law

sorry for off topic rant i just hate it when some one damages a tacoma and goes hur hurrrr its a truck it will be fine.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:41 AM   #49
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
The POS left the scene.... and your even contemplating letting him pay you?
Right....
Old 06-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #50
709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold709GADE is a splendid one to behold

709GADE's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies and votes...I'm going with the majority and my gut feeling and letting the insurance companies dealt with it.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #51
My drinking team has a wheeling problem
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherian View Post
Though if he lives in a state that allows it he can get the depreciation out of the insurance company too. IE make Diminished value insurance claim.

http://www.learnvest.com/knowledge-c...surance-claim/

cypherian
Check w ur ins for this ^^^ but either way... let ins deal w it unless other party can come with $ NOW.... and keep in mind... like others mention... they not only left scene but also change their mind twice...

Good luck....
Old 06-14-2013, 11:49 PM   #53
Take a shower, shine your shoes...
BZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBZP56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.Z.P.
BZP56's Tacoma Gallery
Oh geez. I hit a parked car once. I stayed like 2 hours for her to come back. Paid $1500 for it out of pocket. The biggest surprise to me was that she was just so shocked that I stuck around. Kind of made me wonder what she would have done. I always thought that was kind of a no brainer. You hit it you pay. I hate people who drive away.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #54
Zam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZam15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Zam15's Tacoma Gallery
Just laugh as I see paint on my armor...actually happend in my work parking lot.
Someone messed up with their nice red corvette.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #55
tacoman85 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft Structural Maintenance
Name: Erik
tacoman85's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Your little fender bender looks like it might be an easy fix with a dentless repair place and a buffer.
2k in damage there insurance is buying my a new oem door!!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #57
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Peace Officer currently, US Army "Retired" as well
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake72 View Post
x10000 dont trust anyone, bad enough they left the scene.
Don't learn this lesson the hard way. Insurance for sure!
Old 06-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #58
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 709GADE View Post
Thanks for the replies and votes...I'm going with the majority and my gut feeling and letting the insurance companies dealt with it.
Any Update?
Old 06-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #59
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
INSURANCE!!!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #60
tacoman85 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft Structural Maintenance
Name: Erik
tacoman85's Tacoma Gallery
Just got mine back three day turn over!!