1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help picking off road and street leveling kit

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Ryanstaco, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Jun 13, 2013 at 1:15 PM
    Ryanstaco

Ryanstaco [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Galveston area
    Bilstien 5100 set at 1.75in, rockdefense rear bumper, avid lightbar, and spidertrax spacers on the front, 2 6" KC hi light offroad, CBI ditch light brackets with Bean LEDs
    I need help I'm new to this and don't know much a few years back I got a 2011 single cab tacoma I want to level or lift it. I take it muddin alot and need a good off road and street driving. I've seen the blistien 5100s a lot I heard at 2.5 they can cause problems will you still have those problems if you raise the back to 1.5 also? How serious are the problems if there are any?
    Thank you

2. Jun 13, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    WHPLSH3

WHPLSH3 Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...

Member:
    First Name:
    Vance
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged Spruce Mica 6spd 4x4
    Build thread coming soon!
    Welcome- from here!
    Anything above 1.5 in the front requires a differential drop kit so you don't prematurely eject your CV joints. Spend the money on a high quality kit and you won't look back. There's lots of threads about this

3. Jun 13, 2013 at 9:45 PM
    Ryanstaco

Ryanstaco [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Galveston area
    Bilstien 5100 set at 1.75in, rockdefense rear bumper, avid lightbar, and spidertrax spacers on the front, 2 6" KC hi light offroad, CBI ditch light brackets with Bean LEDs
    Thank you so to do it inexpensively I can only raise it 1.5

4. Jun 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    kmok

kmok Plastidipped ma Hootus!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Columbus, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2005 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
    Umm no.

Around 2.5" of lift may require new upper control arms. Gaining 2.5" of lift from the 5100s is the best cheap way to do it. Getting new coils and shocks like OME springs ans shocks would be a better way and is a little more expensive but not as expensive as coilovers. An add a leaf and new shocks to the lift the rear should work too.

You should check out wheelersoffroad's website and toytec's websites for an idea on cost of suspension lifts. Avoid spacers and blocks.

5. Jun 13, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    CaliBluTaco

CaliBluTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathanael
    Ohio USA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper, Brute Force Fab HC Rear Bumper, All Pro Kickout Sliders, Pelfreybilt IFS Skid and Mid Skid, Relentless Fab Tailgate Reinforcement, ICON Ext.Travel Coilovers w/ 14"x 650# Eibach coils and custom valving, LR UCA's, OME Heavy Duty Rear Leaf Pack w/ All Pro U-Bolt Flip, Icon 2.0 Aluminum Series Extended Travel rear shocks & Wheelers Super Bumpstops. 285/70R17 Hankook Dynapro MT RT03 Tires on 17x8 Pro Comp 7089's, ENGO E12000s Winch w/ Synthetic Rope, Locker Anytime Mod, Rear Diff Breather Mod, and more...
    I have the Bilsteins set @ 2.5" in front with over 85k on them with no problems whatsoever. Thats with off roading and long cross country trips too. I think for a good inexpensive lift, the Bilsteins are the way to go. I also have Wheelers Progressive AAL with Bilsteins in the rear. But if you have the money, i'd go with OME or an adjustable coilover such as Icon, Fox, King ect...

Products Discussed in

To Top