1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Terrible dealership experience

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by El Chip, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Jun 14, 2013 at 7:29 AM
    vicali

vicali Touch my camera through the fence

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Kam,BC
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport 1D6
    Lousy after waiting so long.. and then trying to pretend it's not an issue..
    How did they explain the different cap?

I would walk, find another dealership, explain to them what happened, you'll get the white glove treatment.. instead of the rubber glove you're getting now.. :(

2. Jun 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    KB Voodoo

KB Voodoo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Glenwood, NY
    www.kbvoodoo.com
    Tell them to knock $1,000 off the sale price, and then let your friend do the work.

The people at the dealership obviously aren't capable of doing it correctly anyway.

3. Jun 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    Here they would send it out to have it done by a Toyota approved facility. I would think that if any body else outside of that would void the warranty on rust?

4. Jun 14, 2013 at 9:24 AM
    oldstick

oldstick Medicare Member

Member:
    GA

I Disagree there. There is no way to fix that back to the way it left the factory, short of returning it to the factory.

The only way I would stayi in the original deal is if they take that one back and delivery another from the factory, exactly like the one I ordered.

Now if they get it repainted with a top quality job AND knock 5 or 10K off the previously agreed price, I might consider something like that. In my mind, it officially became a "used" vehicle when the paint damage occurred.

5. Jun 14, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    KB Voodoo

KB Voodoo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Glenwood, NY
    www.kbvoodoo.com
    It doesn't sound like they're going to do that, and I don't think the OP wants to dick around with anymore dealers.

This is the easy way out, and by the time his friend is done with it, all will be well.

6. Jun 14, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    GSPV

GSPV Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport
    Husky Mats, Bed and Tailgate Mat, Extang Folding Hard Tonneau, Ultra Gauge, DIY mesh radiator shield, Troy Warranty ;).
    Flush them. That leopard isn't going to change its spots. They are going to try to dick you every step along the way. Order another new truck from a different dealer...and tell everyone you know about the bad experience.

7. Jun 14, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    choppersx

choppersx ZoMbiE aLeRt

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1968 Ford Mustang
    Lifted Bilstein shocks 5100's Front set 1.75, Rear set 1.5 ICON 3 Leaf Progressive add on / Lights-Retrofit with Halos & interior Dome / Tinted windows/AFE PRo Dry Air Filter / Go Rhino Bars / Flowmaster Exhaust 50 series
    ^
    ^
    ^

Yeah what he said, good luck with your Spankin new truck :thumbsup:

8. Jun 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    So you would expect a dealership to order a CUSTOM Tacoma for you based on just your word that you have great credit? I wouldn't hold your breath. If I have to order special order parts for a job, I don't care WHO the customer is, I get payment for those custom parts up front. I see that as no different than asking to at minimum make a credit check to be sure that the sale has a chance of going through before ordering a 50k truck and doing the custom work.

Just MY $.02 worth there.

9. Jun 14, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    El Chip

El Chip [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    The sales manager called from the main store in Brockville. They are offering to send it to their Toyota certified body shop to have the work done on it to make it right. Still undecided.

I added this update to the OP

10. Jun 14, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    haider320

haider320 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Roswell, NM
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Double Cab SR5 4x4
    Tell em to pound sand. Tell them to send you a new truck.

11. Jun 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM
    ChiefManyWrenches

ChiefManyWrenches Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '11 Silver DCSB TRD Off Road 4WD
    Yeah, I would tell them to go kick rocks. Appreciate the offer but no thanks.

12. Jun 14, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    Mainmoe02

Mainmoe02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    01 Gold tacoma SR5 TRD
    3" lift EIBACH coils w/ 5100's front, OME/ Dakar leaf springs w/ toytec adjustable shackles at 1.5" and 5125's out back. 33x10.5x15 KM2's Relentless DIY steel bumper.
    Tell them to send it to the Toyota body shop and when it gets back your gonna pay $40K for this used vehicle. All this B.S. is ridiculous! There should be a drop n price for all the crap. You should at most pay $45K. If ou can get the price down to $40-$45 then it wld be worth it to you. Otherwise your paying full price for a truck that isn't "Off the Line" Brand Spankin New!

13. Jun 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM
    oldstick

oldstick Medicare Member

Member:
    GA
    I agree, I would have to insist on another identical brand new truck from the factory.

The dealer has insurance to cover things like this. It is no different than when they have a whole lot full of new vehicles get damaged by hail. They have to unload the ones with very minor damage at fire sale prices and get the others fixed before unloading them. The insurance co. probably covers most or their losses in that case.

Now if they want to get it repainted at their shop and knock off another 5K for you because in no longer has the factory original paint, that might be different.

14. Jun 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM
    JRod4928

JRod4928 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    '12 Tacoma SR5
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau WeatherTech Floor Liners Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock Antenna X Black Mesh Grillcraft with Tacoma Badge (Upper) and Cross (Lower) 18" BMF Wheels / Cooper 31.5" Tires 2" Leveling Kit
    what a careless mistake.

this is why ill never take my truck to one of those auto-wash shops that dry your car off for you with a rag. scratches everywhere.

Hope it works out for you...i'd be tempted to demand a lot of stuff from them simply for dealing with the headache, even if they do fix it for you.

15. Jun 14, 2013 at 1:37 PM
    rcchris

rcchris Well-Known Member

Member:
    Halifax
    Vehicle:
    '12 v6 4wd access cab auto black
    That is a crappy deal you were handed man. I can see why you are hesitant of walking away, after waiting for so long, for the truck that you specifically wanted. But in the end, I don't think they delivered what you wanted, with the wrong seats, cap, and SCRATCHED. I feel that the dealer has really disrespected you, and then not wanting to spend a measly estimated $500 on $50k truck, to satisfy the sale, after THIER screw up. Like I said, I can understand why you are hesitant, with all the waiting, but I would RUN away from that dealer, and complain to the highest person I could reach at Toyota Canada about them, and try and find another dealer, that wants your business.

16. Jun 14, 2013 at 1:47 PM
    El Chip

Member:
    I added this to the OP as well...

UPDATE #2: I've decided I'm not talking the truck. The damage is done, and the resolution is crummy. I call the Sales Manager and explain. He agrees with me at this point, the whole deal was handled incorrectly, at this point its just a giant clusterfrink. I explain that we are just going to shop around for the same truck. He says, hold on, I can get you the same truck, with the correct cap, etc... if you will give me a second chance to earn your business. We will make it right, get you in your truck the way you wanted it, in absolutely perfect condition. I will make this right for you etc... Also, I will not be dealing with the local outlet, I will be dealing directly with the main dealership in Brockville.

I agreed. So we have a production date estimate sometime mid-July. And the adventure continues!

17. Jun 14, 2013 at 1:52 PM
    Crosis

Crosis Tertiary adjunct to unimatrix 01

Member:
    Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Maybe I am too stubborn but there is no way I would take the old truck as once the clear coat is sanded, its thinner and now offers less protection. I would decline the truck, write down its VIN and tell them to get me another one. When the new one comes in, verify the VIN is different and then inspect the new truck.

18. Jun 14, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    El Chip

Member:
    Don't worry, I have the VIN :) And the production date.

19. Jun 14, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    Crosis

Crosis Tertiary adjunct to unimatrix 01

Member:
    Cape Breton Island Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Just some info for those who think $500 is not a lot for the dealership to spend to save the deal. You are wrong. $500 is probably their entire profit on the vehicle. It was an orered vehicle so their profit margine very very low. When you order a vehicle from the factory, the dealership only gets a broker fee. Nothing more.

I am not saying they were right, I am just saying do not be surprised that they didnt want to do more. They would have lost money.

20. Jun 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    El Chip

Member:
    Thanks everyone for your opinions and advice. It helped with the final decision.

Products Discussed in

To Top