Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Show us your Satoshi...

Old 06-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #21
HaPPyCaMPer is on a distinguished road

HaPPyCaMPer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone1965 View Post
Man I wish I could! I took it to a local guy and had him do it. Just wasn't sure I wanted to tackle it myself...lol

how much did it cost you?
Old 06-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #22
Wishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wishbone1965's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPPyCaMPer View Post
how much did it cost you?
Bought a grill from camel back toyota because the guy was going to do it at his own leisure as a side project and I didn't want to drive around for weeks without a grill. Think the grill was $180. Paid him $250 to do it. So it wasn't real cheap.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #23
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiasdad11 View Post
Consider myself fortunate enough to obtain Homertaco's original "raptor grill" after fellow members had suggested the idea, and fabricated the letters, whilst Craig completed yet another stellar grill....................

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/hom...-grill-13.html

Sweet looking truck. The grille looks great and the stance is perfect.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #24
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone1965 View Post
Bought a grill from camel back toyota because the guy was going to do it at his own leisure as a side project and I didn't want to drive around for weeks without a grill. Think the grill was $180. Paid him $250 to do it. So it wasn't real cheap.
I believe that's about what HomerTaco charges for certain styles. Looks good.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #25
Wishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germ View Post
I believe that's about what HomerTaco charges for certain styles. Looks good.
Thanks! It does look good but if HomerTaco was making these I would have bought one from him. I even contacted him about it. His work is outstanding!
Old 06-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #26
mne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to beholdmne3312 is a splendid one to behold

mne3312's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiasdad11 View Post
Consider myself fortunate enough to obtain Homertaco's original "raptor grill" after fellow members had suggested the idea, and fabricated the letters, whilst Craig completed yet another stellar grill....................

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/hom...-grill-13.html

That Satoshi looks awesome on your truck, but I don't think it would look near as good on mine.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #27
ColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
ColoradoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #28
Raoul Duke is on a distinguished road

Name: CJ
Raoul Duke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoTaco View Post

what grill is that?
Old 06-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #29
ColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
what grill is that?
Got the mesh from Homertaco I Think it was MX. I cant recall and the made it myself.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #30

Looks good! I bought this grill

and im waiting to buy a color matched toyota grill to start with but i've been thinking of selling it and making my own recessed Satoshi

is yours flush or recessed?
Old 06-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #31
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got the mesh from Homertaco I Think it was MX. I cant recall and the made it myself.
Hey i saw you driving around in boulder Colorado on march 18th i think it was,i was on spring break at the time
Old 06-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #32

Quote:

its recessed super pain in the ass to build but super worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethinboutayota View Post
Hey i saw you driving around in boulder Colorado on march 18th i think it was,i was on spring break at the time
The stripes really make it stand out. I came here on Summer Break 16 years ago and stayed careful this town has been know to do that. Chief Niwot's Curse
Old 06-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #33
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

The stripes really make it stand out. I came here on Summer Break 16 years ago and stayed careful this town has been know to do that. Chief Niwot's Curse
Im not gonna lie boulder is a crazy sketchy town
Old 06-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #34
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery

Old 06-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #35

Quote:
Looks good! I bought this grill

and im waiting to buy a color matched toyota grill to start with but i've been thinking of selling it and making my own recessed Satoshi

What grill is this?
Old 06-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #36

Thats from grillcraft.com. i bought it on carid.com

http://www.grillcraft.com/applicatio...ta_Tacoma.aspx

i got the "MX"
Old 06-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #37

Quote:

i got the "MX"
I love the recessed grill...but this one is growing one me.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #38
Libohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shedLibohunden is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Libohunden's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

i got the "MX"
How hard was this to install? Are you confident it won't come loose?
Old 06-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #39

I haven't installed it yet as I'm still undecided if I want to go the satoshi route. But it would not come loose. It mounts with 6 screw tabs and two through bolts. Pretty easy install. Just need to cut out the original grill
Old 06-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #40

Camel back has 2012+ grills on sale!!! thats it i'm going for the Satoshi.
http://parts.camelbacktoyota.com/par...?siteid=214329