Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Goodyear Duratrac or BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain for City Streets?

Old 06-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #61
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I had better luck with my duratracs than my at's. The firestone mt's do pretty well, and so did my procomps -- in mud that is. Though I haven't had km2s, my experiences wheeling (and driving -- and riding-- their trucks on road) with friends who do would lead me to believe there are better tires out there, especially for on road. I'd go duratracs between those two options. If given mt/r vs km2 I'd go mt/r. I'm running 1 mt/r and I like it so far LOL.

Again it's subjective and my opinion but I'd go with another MT over the KM2 or go with the duratracs.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #62
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
I saw a flatbed of four HMMWVs last week, complete with rooftop ringmounts, all running 37" MT/Rs. There you go, OP. Nothing more badass than that.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #63
redmarble is on a distinguished road
redmarble's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you all for the great feedback on my original post. Just to let everyone know, I did end up getting Goodyear Duratracs (265/75-16) tires. There were some suggestions on the BFGoodrich All-terrains and the General Grabber AT tires, too. Did some research, checked them out, but decided to go with the Duratracs. They all seem great, especially the Grabbers as they are on sale on tirerack. I will match them up with Mickey Thompson Classic 3 rims that I purchased, too. They should arrive in a couple of days. I think the "bug" just bit me...
Old 06-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #64
hellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hellsbay's Tacoma Gallery
I just put Duratracs on mine.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #66
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Saw a ridgeline with stock sized KM2s today...
Somebody should've bought a Tacoma
Old 06-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #67
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
LOL not that this is really related but saw a ridgeline with blue flames down the side today. Glad it wasn't a Tacoma.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #68
zboy is a splendid one to beholdzboy is a splendid one to beholdzboy is a splendid one to beholdzboy is a splendid one to beholdzboy is a splendid one to beholdzboy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chris
zboy's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs 265/75/16 No rub = No trim 4.5 bs 0 os rims tires do not stick out = No recon ya I know It's a Hawaii thing
Old 06-25-2013, 02:03 AM   #69
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zboy View Post
Duratracs 265/75/16 No rub = No trim 4.5 bs 0 os rims tires do not stick out = No recon ya I know It's a Hawaii thing
I have the same rim/tire setup on my truck and I'm happy with it. My Duratracs are holding up very well after about 15k miles on them so far. They handle great on the street, wet and dry. Can't beat the look too, they look pretty damn good for an AT tire.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:52 AM   #70
larzpdot is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Staff Sergeant 2T0X1 Traffic Management
Name: Pete
larzpdot's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Great choice OP. Duratracs are great tires for all-around use.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #71
Here's my 05 Tacoma PreRunner OffRoad edition with new Goodyear Duratracs on Mickey Thompson Classic III (3) rims. I had original stock BFGoodrich Rugged Trail tires 9which I disliked) on Toyota stock alloy rims.

As mentioned earlier, I did not want to lift my truck, so I went with the recommended max size of 265/75 R16 tires. They did end up rubbing quite a bit, so, I removed the mud guards. They still rub sometimes... so, I will be using my Dremel when I have time to shave a bit of the inner wheel well.

I have a week with these tires, about 300 miles. And, so far they are great. They ride way much better than the Rugged Trails. They do hum but only just a little. I am also getting better gas mileage that my other tires. Thanks, for the recommendations. I am really happy with my purchase.

For those of you that need to know the weight of each tire, well, they are 45 Lbs. each.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:28 AM   #72
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Must be the wheels making you rub. I only had to remove the little flaps on the front of the front wheel wells and I was just to go with the same size tire.

Not sure how you're getting better MPGs, I lost about 1 mpg when I put mine on. Was worth it though.

You're truck looks good with 'em!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #73
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjboucher View Post
Not sure how you're getting better MPGs, I lost about 1 mpg when I put mine on. Was worth it though.
Haha redmarble, how the heck are you getting better MPGs after you slapped on those Duratracs? Tell us your secret.

I lost about 2 MPGs when I put my 265/75/16s on. Mehh.

I've had mine on for about 4,500 miles and I love them. Either the humming sound had decreased or I'm just used to it at this point.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #75
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
cooper s/t maxx
Old 07-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okeetee View Post
Haha redmarble, how the heck are you getting better MPGs after you slapped on those Duratracs? Tell us your secret.

I lost about 2 MPGs when I put my 265/75/16s on. Mehh.

I've had mine on for about 4,500 miles and I love them. Either the humming sound had decreased or I'm just used to it at this point.
I am serious. I am getting better gas mileage. I was doing about 18 mpg on my BFGs and I'm now averaging about 19.5 mpg. I mostly do the same routes every day and do notice that the increase came on the freeway. By the way, I use 87 octane from Mobil or Chevron when possible. I haven't checked the tire pressure on my wheels, though.