Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

maintenance required light

Old 06-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #21
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblack View Post
Yeah OP, freaking seriously!!
What makes you think you can come on this forum and waste our time by asking why your maintenance light may be on?!?!

...hey, do you guys like this color on my truck or does it look ghey?
Waste your time? In my opinion if your time is that important, or you have so little to be reading posts like this, why are you even on this website (or reply to hi question for that matter)? You clicked on the post, nobody made you read it.

We have all asked questions where the answer is easily in reach if we just look, give the guy a break.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #22
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I like where this thread is going

OP, also search reset maintence required light, then you will know how to turn the light off. But you should probably change the oil first
Old 06-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #23
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
I like where this thread is going

OP, also search reset maintence required light, then you will know how to turn the light off. But you should probably change the oil first
And ... Find out why your "Oil Light" is coming on.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #24
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensecondchevelle View Post
Waste your time? In my opinion if your time is that important, or you have so little to be reading posts like this, why are you even on this website (or reply to hi question for that matter)? You clicked on the post, nobody made you read it.

We have all asked questions where the answer is easily in reach if we just look, give the guy a break.
I agree with you 100%; the post was total sarcasm
I even threw this in at the end to make sure it would be obvious I was being sarcastic:

"...hey, do you guys like this color on my truck or does it look ghey?"
aka - the OP is getting so much grief from people as if he's wasting their time by asking about his maintenance light, when the majority of the questions on this site are actually worthless and genuinely stupid
Old 06-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #25
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacocowboy View Post
I asked because the light has NEVER come on before. The oil light has always come on telling me to change it. Not the maintenance light.
are you effen with us? hahah.

come on,, seriously read the manual. please.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #26
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I even threw this in at the end to make sure it would be obvious I was being sarcastic:

aka - the OP is getting so much grief from people as if he's wasting their time by asking about his maintenance light, when the majority of the questions on this site are actually worthless and genuinely stupid
Haha my bad, I was thinking "man this guy is a total..."
Old 06-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #27
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So this light came on this week and flashes every time I start my truck. No codes are present. Oil level is fine. Everything else looks good. Have 52K on the truck. WTF is this?

Old 06-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #28
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensecondchevelle View Post
Haha my bad, I was thinking "man this guy is a total..."
Old 06-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #29
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsenordave View Post

Hahaha op did you ever get it straightened out?
Old 06-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #30
Ninjayota will become famous soon enoughNinjayota will become famous soon enough
Ninjayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunktaco View Post
Hahaha op did you ever get it straightened out?
OP is stuck on the side of the road with no oil pressure.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:36 AM   #31
mbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura aboutmbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Matt
mbrogz3000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsenordave View Post

^^ This meem pic is funny!!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:38 AM   #32
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
OMG I am so glad this thread got bumped. My light came on this weekend while I was offroad. What happened to my truck? It wasn't anything too crazy, I didn't even rub anything underneath the truck...

Time for an Oil-Change...In another 5,000 miles. +1 Synthetic

[Edit}
Quote:
I asked because the light has NEVER come on before. The oil light has always come on telling me to change it. Not the maintenance light.
LOL WUT, omg this is scary..
Old 06-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #33
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

...hey, do you guys like this color on my truck or does it look ghey?
Super Ghey!

OP... The Maint Req light starts to flash at 4500 miles "after" it has been reset. At 5000 miles it will stay on continuously. It is there to tell you to change your oil...

These guys are giving you shit because this has been discussed here ad nauseam and there are plenty of threads on it. I'm not usually one of those that say "use the search function" but....

That said..... If your "oil light" is coming on then you have much more to worry about then changing your oil. Just saying....
Old 06-19-2013, 03:40 AM   #34
tacocowboy has a spectacular aura abouttacocowboy has a spectacular aura about

tacocowboy's Tacoma Gallery
OK smartasses, I know all this already. Changed the oil Sunday, 3 days ago. Reset the light, and it still comes on. I've reset it 4 times now. Still flashing. Yes I read the manual. Going to a buddies shop today and hooking up his Genisis scan tool to see WTF is up.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #35
Ninjayota will become famous soon enoughNinjayota will become famous soon enough
Ninjayota's Tacoma Gallery
I do have a question since I'm new to tacomas and this thread is already here. Is there anything else that this light comes on for?
Old 06-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #36
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
OK smartasses, I know all this already. Changed the oil Sunday, 3 days ago. Reset the light, and it still comes on. I've reset it 4 times now. Still flashing. Yes I read the manual. Going to a buddies shop today and hooking up his Genisis scan tool to see WTF is up.
We're the smartasses????

You said that your Oil light comes on and not the maintenance light. We are just trying to help.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #37
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Turner View Post
We're the smartasses????

You said that your Oil light comes on and not the maintenance light. We are just trying to help.
He's just got some butt-hurt. He'll be alright.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #38
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 06-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #39
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
your doing it wrong then...be smarter then the object
Old 06-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #40
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Wait, so you're telling me the skewp/no skewp and "what's the ugliest color" threads are worthless???