Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

maintenance required light

Old 06-15-2013, 03:51 AM   #1
tacocowboy has a spectacular aura abouttacocowboy has a spectacular aura about

tacocowboy's Tacoma Gallery
maintenance required light

So this light came on this week and flashes every time I start my truck. No codes are present. Oil level is fine. Everything else looks good. Have 52K on the truck. WTF is this?
Old 06-15-2013, 03:54 AM   #2
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Oil change reminder. It'll stay on after some more miles. Change your oil or just reset it and you'll be fine. That would be my guess.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:56 AM   #3
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...eqd-light.html
Old 06-15-2013, 04:03 AM   #4
SAY MY NAME
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunktaco View Post
Oil change reminder. It'll stay on after some more miles. Change your oil or just reset it and you'll be fine.
This
Old 06-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #5
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i'm guessing your didnt read the owner's manual?

first thing i do...second is post here. heeh.

change your oil bud..and read the owner's manual about how to reset the maint light. trust me, it's in there.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #7
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm...

Quickly trade it in...it might explode...

Or just change your oil...whatever...
Old 06-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
The light turns on after so many miles . . . If you recently got your oil changed and the light went on it likely means that whoever did your oil forgot to reset the odometer on it. It's happen to me in the past
Old 06-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #9
Raddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaddbus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Russell
Raddbus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i'm guessing your didnt read the owner's manual?

first thing i do...second is post here. heeh.

change your oil bud..and read the owner's manual about how to reset the maint light. trust me, it's in there.
I still haven't read my manual. Y? when all the answers I need are here. That is how I found this site, looking for answers. There are LOTS of people here ready, willing & able to assist you in most of your questions & problems.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #10
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I like to read.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #11
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #12
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddbus View Post
I still haven't read my manual. Y? when all the answers I need are here. That is how I found this site, looking for answers. There are LOTS of people here ready, willing & able to assist you in most of your questions & problems.
I read my manual quite thoroughly after getting my truck just so if something happened I'd know where to reference it, or just to figure out the features and operations of my truck without having to go to the internet and be dependent. Also some people are full of shit and spout off BS info every now and again, so I'd like to know I got my info from the manual.

All it would take for OP's problem to be solved is a glance at the manual real quick. Not knocking, just sayin.

EDIT: Same goes for the people asking at what speeds to engauge 4x4 HI versus Lo, etc. and that shit is right on the driver side visor slip.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:01 AM   #13
tacocowboy has a spectacular aura abouttacocowboy has a spectacular aura about

tacocowboy's Tacoma Gallery
I asked because the light has NEVER come on before. The oil light has always come on telling me to change it. Not the maintenance light.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:28 AM   #14
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacocowboy View Post
I asked because the light has NEVER come on before. The oil light has always come on telling me to change it. Not the maintenance light.
The " Oil Light " comes on when the oil pressure is low. Running with this light on will cause your engine to die.

The " Maintenance Required Light " comes on to let you know when to change the oil.

You are confused and really need to read the owners manual. Really.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:32 AM   #15
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 06-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #16
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah OP, freaking seriously!!
What makes you think you can come on this forum and waste our time by asking why your maintenance light may be on?!?!

...hey, do you guys like this color on my truck or does it look ghey?
Old 06-16-2013, 05:37 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
The " Oil Light " comes on when the oil pressure is low. Running with this light on will cause your engine to die.

The " Maintenance Required Light " comes on to let you know when to change the oil.

You are confused and really need to read the owners manual. Really.
^ this op
Old 06-16-2013, 05:40 AM   #18
SAY MY NAME
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
If your OIL LIGHT is coming on, then you have oil pressure issues. It states that right in the manual. The MAINTENANCE REQUIRED light is an oil change reminder.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:21 AM   #19
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
The manual is your friend.