1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Axle wrap after hoist?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Ampo, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Jun 16, 2013 at 10:44 AM
    Ampo

Ampo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    12 SR5 4x4
    I had a bit of what's been described on here as axle wrap when I first bought this trunk new last September. It eventually disappeared so I thought it was just a break in issue. Recently I had the truck up on a hoist to change my wheels over to my summer rims and that little kick in the back end at stop lights/signs came back again. If anything I felt it even more this time but just like last time the problem seems to have worked it's self out as I haven't felt that bump these past few days.
    Anyone else have this happen to them when your truck is placed on a hoist?

2. Jun 16, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    gbtoy4x4

gbtoy4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver TRD AC OR 4x4 6sp
    Factory Silver Sport Grill, Gray TRD Shift Knob, BFG 285/75/16 AT's, Debadged, AFE Cai, TRD Short Shifter, Redline Hood Struts, Leer Topper, Budbilt Front, Mid+Xcase Skids, ELocker Skid, Icon C/O, Built Right UCA's, Rear 2in AAL w/Bilstiens, AP U-Bolt flip, 1" 4Crawler Body Lift, Relentless Front Bumper w/Lights + Sliders, Rear Breather Mod, 5 ProComp 7089 Rims, AP SS Brake Lines, Famous Fab HC Rear Bumper W/Swing Out Tire Carrier, Synthetic Brake Fluid, Synthetic Power Steering Fluid, Front Superbumps, Hood Blackout,
    I don't think Toyota springs are very good, a little weak. There is a spring TSB thread in here somewhere.
    I don't think the hoist had anything to do w/problem.

3. Jun 16, 2013 at 3:13 PM
    Ampo

Ampo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    12 SR5 4x4
    Yeah, I don't think the hoist did anything, I'm wondering if having the suspension hanging like that caused it. Maybe through the angle of the drive line out them something got stuck for a bit? I'm going to grease the heck out of my drive shaft and tighten up those U-bolts. If it comes back again after that then off to the dealer I go.

Thanks for your response.

4. Jun 16, 2013 at 3:29 PM
    easystickerco

easystickerco Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma SR5

Products Discussed in

To Top