Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Completed rear diff mod

Old 02-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #1
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Completed rear diff mod

I did the breather mod on the rear diff today. Was very simple to do. I thought I would post some pics of the Toyota parts along with the part numbers for you who are going to be doing this in the future. The parts were about $5.00 each at the dealership. Good luck.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
type o negative is just really nicetype o negative is just really nicetype o negative is just really nicetype o negative is just really nice

type o negative's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
I did the breather mod on the rear diff today. Was very simple to do. I thought I would post some pics of the Toyota parts along with the part numbers for you who are going to be doing this in the future. The parts were about $5.00 each at the dealership. Good luck.

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is this mod and what are the benefits?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #3
Hooked
weihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to beholdweihenstephaner is a splendid one to behold

weihenstephaner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by type o negative View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mies-pics.html
Old 02-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #4
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tml#post193885

Its for those who off road in deep water. Keeps the water out of the rear diff.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by type o negative View Post
It relocates the breather to a higher postion on the truck. The breather allows air flow in the diff. This is benefitial for muddy and deep water. It keeps water out of the diff. It is the same theory behind a snorkel.