1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stock Alignment Help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Redeemed, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Jun 16, 2013 at 5:05 PM
    Redeemed

Redeemed [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 with a "TRD Off-Road" sticker
    My most recent alignment numbers are off, and the shop (NTB) is telling me that they can't correct it.

Camber:
    LF -.2
    RF .6

Toe:
    LF .11
    RF .11

Total toe: .22
    Steer ahead: 0

Caster and all rear values are "greyed out" on the spec sheet.

Ideas, suggestions and thoughts please.

2. Jun 16, 2013 at 5:08 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    They tell you why it can't be corrected?

3. Jun 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    romafern

romafern Hug diz nuts

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    80918 Let's meet!
    Vehicle:
    Paid for and saving a shit ton of $$$$$
    Thinking of adding a second battery...
  4. Jun 16, 2013 at 5:38 PM
    Redeemed

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    In vague terms that honestly I don't recall. The way they're built or some dumb thing. Shame on me for being ignorant and not asking more questions.

I really didn't give it much thought until I stumbled on the caster thread. I didn't wanna muck his up, so finding little in a search I started my own thread.

5. Jun 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    The why it can't be corrected is huge. You should probably ask them again, that will lead you to your next step, how to repair or correct your issue. My guess is that your alignment cams are seized. What leads me to this, is that it is a common problem, especially since you have an 05' Tacoma, in Maine. All the corrosion from winter roads and ocean sea breeze has probably been creeping in to your LCA hardware, and rust welded them together. My question for you is, do you have the availability of a jack, jack stands, and some hand tools, like 1/2" breaker bar, 1/2" ratchet, 1/2" drive 19mm or 3/4" sockets, and 19mm or 3/4" wrenches? If you do, you may be able to diagnose this yourself. Get back.

6. Jun 16, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    Redeemed

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    You're right, and I feel pretty sheepish for not being able to give a better answer.

I guess the general answer is that I should be able to adjust them fully.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to all those tools, but I'm trying to learn (and add to my tool collection), but right now I'm more or less at the mercy of mechanics. It does help to ask the right questions, though.

7. Jun 16, 2013 at 7:09 PM
    splitbolt

splitbolt Voodoo Witch Doctor

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OFFROAD DCSB MGM

Products Discussed in

To Top