Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Retractable Tonneau Cover

Old 02-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
MTBlazer89 is on a distinguished road
Navy: VAQ-129
MTBlazer89's Tacoma Gallery
Retractable Tonneau Cover

Looking for a hard tonneau cover for my wifes 08 Taco. Any brands you guys recommend, or advice would be great.

Thanks

-Brian
Old 02-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
The Not So New guy
ComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura aboutComaTosin has a spectacular aura about

Name: Drew
ComaTosin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBlazer89 View Post
Looking for a hard tonneau cover for my wifes 08 Taco. Any brands you guys recommend, or advice would be great.

Thanks

-Brian
I'll be nice and leave it at just...... SEARCH!
there are some long threads out there about this....
happy hunting
Old 02-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
MTBlazer89 is on a distinguished road
Navy: VAQ-129
MTBlazer89's Tacoma Gallery
I did a search and dound a few threads. Just wanted to get some new opinions. From what I have seen so far its down to the

Rollbak or the Rollnlock.

I think I like the rollbak with the aluminum slats that are painted and sit flush in the bedrails. I know you lose the cleats with it, but it's easy enough to just bolt some D-rings in the bed. I didn't see a price on the rollnlock site. The rollback in 850ish.

Opinions?
Old 02-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
ive personally looked into the pace edwards jackrabbit cover. Looks sweet, and farily easy to install...Just need the cash
Old 02-25-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys, i just bought my 05 double cab short bed about a month ago, it has a hard retractable tonneau on it.. it's a Roll Bak Industries cover, retails for $825. I am going to sell it eventually because it takes up about 1 foot of the bedspace in the front. I will occasionally be loading a dirt bike or a sport bike in the short bed, and w/that cover taking up about a foot, i think i'm going to have some problems. if you are anyone is interested, let me know. i can take pics of it, even video of how it works.

***admins***

this post was intended as an FYI, if interest is showed i will post it in the for sale thread w/pics
Old 02-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested to see some pics and/or a video of how it works because I am planning on getting a roll top cover in the next month. How is it with keeping water/moisture out? Also, is there a way to lock it? That would be a nice feature to go with a pop lock on the tailgate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx SuperFly 25 View Post
hey guys, i just bought my 05 double cab short bed about a month ago, it has a hard retractable tonneau on it.. it's a Roll Bak Industries cover, retails for $825. I am going to sell it eventually because it takes up about 1 foot of the bedspace in the front. I will occasionally be loading a dirt bike or a sport bike in the short bed, and w/that cover taking up about a foot, i think i'm going to have some problems. if you are anyone is interested, let me know. i can take pics of it, even video of how it works.

***admins***

this post was intended as an FYI, if interest is showed i will post it in the for sale thread w/pics
Old 02-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #7
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i have only had it for about a month, but so far, for the most part, it keeps water out, a little may get in. it does have a "lock feature", the cover will "sit" in four different areas, fully closed, approx. 3/4, approx. 1/2, then open all the way, which takes up about 12". i'm off from work the next 4 days, and plan to do the BHLM & paint my emblems, so i should have some time to take pics/video.

the lock feature will only work if you have a lockable tailgate, to open you would have to open the tailgate and pull a lever on the underside of the tonneau, then it will retract to the next stopping point, then pull lever, etc.

i think it's a great looking cover, just wish it didn't take up 12" of my short bed space
Old 02-27-2009, 10:36 PM   #8
Adrenaline Addict

i took pics and video today, i should have them uploaded monday afternoon.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #9
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx SuperFly 25 View Post
i took pics and video today, i should have them uploaded monday afternoon.
Good deal, I'll be on the lookout for the pics/video!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:56 PM   #10
Adrenaline Addict

here's the photos, i need to figure out how to upload the video..

i realize i didn't take enough photos of the inside of the bed w/the cover closed, or the front of the bed w/the cover all the way open, if anyone is interested i can post more pics or a better video, i was in a rush..
Attached Thumbnails
Retractable Tonneau Cover-rollbak-side.jpg   Retractable Tonneau Cover-rollbak-rear.jpg  
Old 03-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #11
Adrenaline Addict

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BC81NcWRUR0... name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BC81NcWRUR0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 03-08-2009, 08:07 AM   #12
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
so you still selling your cover? I guess I need to install the rail on the side to make it slide.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #13
Adrenaline Addict

i guess i can say i am accepting offers..

we are only 1 hr away from each other

i'll pm you