1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 Tacoma noise Puerto Rico

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rafaelsa, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Jun 17, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    Rafaelsa

Rafaelsa [OP] Member

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    2013 PreRunner V6
    Hi everybody, recently I bought a new Tacoma 6V Double Cab Pre runner. Now the truck have only 2500 miles and everything is ok with the Tacoma I like a lot. But recently I notice a weird noise and really I don't now if is normal. When I accelerate some times I heard a noise like the timing chain when need to be replace but is a new truck. I went to the dealer and they verify the truck and the answer was because of the injectors and they said it is normal in this truck. Can anyone let me know if its normal because the answer don't convince me.

2. Jun 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM
    hygieneboy

hygieneboy Well-Known Member

Member:
  3. Jun 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM
    WHPLSH3

WHPLSH3 Fortified with horsepower-adding goodness...

Member:
    First Name:
    Vance
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged Spruce Mica 6spd 4x4
    Build thread coming soon!
    The fuel injection systems on these engines run under very high pressure. What you're hearing is the injectors themselves, I think

4. Jun 17, 2013 at 6:05 PM
    V5ioV

V5ioV My drinking team has a wheeling problem

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    King 2.5 Rem Resi Ext Travel w/comp adj w/700# springs, TC Uni-Ball UCAs, ARB/OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ King 2.5 Rem Resi w/comp adj and custm eyelets, Stealth Custom Series F-5 Wheels wrapped on: 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, BORA 2.25 wheel spacers, GOODRIDGE extended Brake lines, Triple-6" Double Row LED Light Bars behind lower grill, ATFL MOD, TRD Ball Type Shift Knob, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, 60'' HiLift Xtreme, 4xInnovations Bolt-On Sliders w/Kickout, Spring Hanger Skid, Custom BlackPipe Fabs CMC and custom FYL Bed Rack, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT, Trasharoo, 4xInnovations HiLift Bedside Mounts, 4xInnovations Front Skid Plate, TOYWERX Ghost Raptor thin-lip Satoshi Grill, RedLine Hood Struts, 4xInnovations Transmission Skid and T-Case Skid Plates, Wheelers Rear SuperBumps Bump Stops, All-Pro Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit, UltraGauge, ARB OBA, Pelfreybilt HC rear Bumper, Rotopax system (Single Mounting Plate and Bed Rail Mounting Plate both with LOX handles.
    its the COQUIS!!!! lol
    nah Just kidding….
    is it more like a light whistle as if it was being made by the wind? I have a brand new 2013 also and im getting that noise i decribed… wonder if its the same you talking about?

5. Jun 18, 2013 at 6:42 PM
    Rafaelsa

Rafaelsa [OP] Member

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    2013 PreRunner V6
    A friend of mine explain a few thinks to me about this kind of truck and he said the same.........that the noise are the injectors.....

6. Jun 18, 2013 at 10:55 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Noisy engine. Has solid lifters, loud injectors, emissions solenoid on left side of engine makes noise.....all normal, you get used to it. Drive, enjoy.:)

7. Jun 19, 2013 at 4:39 AM
    V5ioV

V5ioV My drinking team has a wheeling problem

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    King 2.5 Rem Resi Ext Travel w/comp adj w/700# springs, TC Uni-Ball UCAs, ARB/OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ King 2.5 Rem Resi w/comp adj and custm eyelets, Stealth Custom Series F-5 Wheels wrapped on: 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, BORA 2.25 wheel spacers, GOODRIDGE extended Brake lines, Triple-6" Double Row LED Light Bars behind lower grill, ATFL MOD, TRD Ball Type Shift Knob, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, 60'' HiLift Xtreme, 4xInnovations Bolt-On Sliders w/Kickout, Spring Hanger Skid, Custom BlackPipe Fabs CMC and custom FYL Bed Rack, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT, Trasharoo, 4xInnovations HiLift Bedside Mounts, 4xInnovations Front Skid Plate, TOYWERX Ghost Raptor thin-lip Satoshi Grill, RedLine Hood Struts, 4xInnovations Transmission Skid and T-Case Skid Plates, Wheelers Rear SuperBumps Bump Stops, All-Pro Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit, UltraGauge, ARB OBA, Pelfreybilt HC rear Bumper, Rotopax system (Single Mounting Plate and Bed Rail Mounting Plate both with LOX handles.
    oh….so thats why there is a radio……. lol……..

…...what noise?…...:D

hey OP…. where in the island are you?

8. Jun 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM
    Rafaelsa

Rafaelsa [OP] Member

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    2013 PreRunner V6
    Thanks for the clarification JOES06 I will work with your advice to get use to it. I'm new using this kind of truck are the noises are very weird but thanks again.

9. Jun 19, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    FZrider5150

FZrider5150 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Six Speed, Metallic Gray
    Full TRD exhaust, Sport Hood, Aries Running boards, Window Visors/shades, full tint, K&N air cleaner
    I would strongly reccomend a nice exhaust system...All you'll hear is fun! It's the perfect upgrade to really hear what ur motor sounds like, and masks any annoying tics. Not too spendy either.

Products Discussed in

To Top