Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weathertech floor mats seem cheap...

Old 06-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #21
EndOfAnEra is on a distinguished road
EndOfAnEra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1983 View Post
I got my mats half way through the winter. I waited until the end of the winter before I cleaned them off. I took them out at the end of winter and washed them, looked like brand new after. I found that they did wonders compared the Toyota OEM rubber mats they gave me. Even after all this time of having them, my carpet still looks brand new.
Did you guys have any issues with standing water?
Old 06-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #22
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Besides the Taco, I also bought a set of fronts and rears for our Yaris, and they stuffed both sets into one box. So you can imagine how mangled they were when I got them.

Still after a while they relaxed and are just fine.

I didn't have any expectations of a perfect fit, and am happy that they laid down nicely and fit the locking posts on the driver's side floor.

My truck already came with the regular flat thick rubber Weathertechs, so I just put them inside the new ones.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:09 AM   #23
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfAnEra View Post
Did you guys have any issues with standing water?
Not really, but if you do, just carefully take them out, dump the water out and reinstall.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:59 AM   #24
gearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgearcruncher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: training officer
Name: TW certified keyboard mechanic
gearcruncher's Tacoma Gallery
I grabbed some rubber matting from the local hardware store and covered up the hump where the rug covering the transmission is positioned and then placed the weathertech,s over top . Doesnt look pretty but the rug stays new . I live in the salt belt and adding the additonal rubber up the humps on either side work best for a nasty winter environment . To add , I also covered the entrance door sills with rubber matting . I found this was the only way to keep the snow out . The Weathertechs work awesome but for a harsh enviroment , I had to take an extra step of protection
Old 06-19-2013, 06:11 AM   #25
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neff09 View Post
Maybe I got a cheap knock off (purchased through amazon.com) I want to purchase from weathertech to compare but hesitant at the moment.
If you bought from amazon they aren't fake
Old 06-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #26
ATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to beholdATHiker is a splendid one to behold
Navy:
Name: Tom
ATHiker's Tacoma Gallery
I've had mine for six months and am very pleased. Not sure how they can move if the retention clips are engaged.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #27
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
"My truck already came with the regular flat thick rubber Weathertechs, so I just put them inside the new ones. "
Isn't that the reason people were having issues with gas pedals getting stuck? Stacking mats. I thought I read that somewhere on here.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #28
Taco Noob
joelt has a spectacular aura aboutjoelt has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Joey
joelt's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought some black ones today from Amazon Prime. Got them with next-day delivery for what ground shipping through Weathertech would cost. I get pretty OCD about small things (ask my wife), but I'm sure the Colorado heat will eventually help them form to fit pretty snug, assuming the correct models are sent. I'd previously purchased Kraco/Remington all-weather mats from Walmart ($40 for front and back) for years, for all of our vehicles. They can only hold so much moisture before they overflow, and they obviously don't have the same coverage.

How are yours holding up?
Old 06-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #29
Harkonnendog is on a distinguished road

Harkonnendog's Tacoma Gallery
I thought mine were cheap when I first got 'em. Now I'm happy. They are thin but rugged, & fit very well now that they sort of relaxed and spread.

OR

I decided they're awesome cause I dropped $80 on 'em. Either way I like em now, lol.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #30
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
Do at your own risk... Mine didn't settle at all after a month so I put them in my oven at 175 degrees for a minute or two... they conform to my rig much better meow... Also I bought my father some for dads day last year and we used a heat gun on his and it worked great
Wait, what? Lol!
Old 06-20-2013, 03:31 AM   #32
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure how your mats are moving around if you have them clipped in. I was a little surprised how thin they were when I got mine about a month ago but they are pretty rugged. Never had an issue with the mat itself moving around though. Sounds like your clips must be loose.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:12 AM   #33
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHiker View Post
I've had mine for six months and am very pleased. Not sure how they can move if the retention clips are engaged.
Exactly what I was thinking.

I just got a full set for my DCSB and they fit just fine.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:12 AM   #34
War Eagle!!
aubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaubi1414 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
aubi1414's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are the same way but have only had them for a week or two and my trucks been in the shop the whole time, so ill update ya hopefully today or tomorrow and see if mine have conformed to the side panels better as well.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #35
MARKDESMO will become famous soon enough
Name: Mark
MARKDESMO's Tacoma Gallery
Are you using the retention hooks? Do not see them in the pictures.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #36
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
Isn't that the reason people were having issues with gas pedals getting stuck? Stacking mats. I thought I read that somewhere on here.
Might have been more of an issue with carpet mats bunching up which the rubber mat doesn't do. When floored, the gas pedal already contacts the mat surface, and even if it were to creep up, it still only contacts the surface.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #37
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by outxider View Post
It is. Not to mention, it looks stupid.
In hot weather I frequently drive barefooted, and the soft spongy rubber mat feels good.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #38
Taco Noob
joelt has a spectacular aura aboutjoelt has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Joey
joelt's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine today. The passenger side is slightly "off," but I'm sure they'll form up after some hot days in the sun...
Old 06-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #39
Taco3RZe is on a distinguished road
Taco3RZe's Tacoma Gallery
I've had mine for about 4 years now. My only gripe is that they could offer more protection for the left-side(footrest) area. Other than that, I have been very satisfied with mine.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #40
Hammer Slammer is on a distinguished road
Hammer Slammer's Tacoma Gallery
Mine work great. Best of the 3 types I've tried.