Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weathertech floor mats seem cheap...

Old 06-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
Neff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Neff's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Weathertech floor mats seem cheap...

Just received Weathertechs in the mail today and they don't seem as indestructible as I thought they might be. They don't form fit very well nor stay put in one spot even with the retention hooks. The pics show some of the areas where the floor mats don't completely lay down.

Anyone else have issues with their Weathertechs??

Old 06-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Give them a week to relax... They will settle down.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
Give them a week to relax... They will settle down.
x2....

You have to remember they've been stuffed into a box for who knows for how long. They are going to be out of shape for a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Weathertech floor mats seem cheap...-weathertech-floormat-passenger-march-5.13.jpg   Weathertech floor mats seem cheap...-weathertech-floormats-03-27-13.jpg   Weathertech floor mats seem cheap...-weathertech-driver-march-5.13.jpg  
Old 06-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
Neff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neff's Tacoma Gallery
OK ill give it a week or so. They don't seem to grab the carpet though... they slide around easily..
Old 06-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Look at my pictures.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
clc clc is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
just got mine and noticed the same thing. the fit doesn't bother me but I notice my feet slide around depending on my footwear lol
Old 06-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #8

Neff's Tacoma Gallery
No my feet don't slide on them, the floor mats slide around on my carpet
Old 06-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #9
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neff09 View Post
No my feet don't slide on them, the floor mats slide around on my carpet
What if you put Plasti Dip on the bottom on the mat. Let it dry and then put it back in it's place. That might keep it from moving.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #10
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Don't add anything to them like plastiderp.

Just let them conform through a few heat cycles or time.....let them get some dust/dirt on the face to take away any release agent and they wont be slick.

Or do like they do in baseball..........throw some dort on em and work it in.

If ur serious about them bottoms sliding on carpet (mine don't).....maybe buy some strips of velcro tape.... only use the stiff bristle side and stick it to the bottom of the liners...... this will grip the carpet, and not leave a residue since the sticky side is only on the liner.

I do this with my tool kit.....its in the back and doesn't slide 1 bit and hasn't harmed the carpet (tool box is sitting on the folded down access seats).
Old 06-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #11
chaos316 is on a distinguished road
Name: JJ
chaos316's Tacoma Gallery
I thought that at first as well. Got mine about 2 months ago, they fit fine now!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #12

Neff's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe I got a cheap knock off (purchased through amazon.com) I want to purchase from weathertech to compare but hesitant at the moment.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:53 PM   #13
clc clc is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered through weather tech and mine look identical to the ones in your pic. including the gaps you speak of.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #14
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Do at your own risk... Mine didn't settle at all after a month so I put them in my oven at 175 degrees for a minute or two... they conform to my rig much better meow... Also I bought my father some for dads day last year and we used a heat gun on his and it worked great
Old 06-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #15
EndOfAnEra is on a distinguished road
EndOfAnEra's Tacoma Gallery
They broke in for me. I'm curious to see how they hold up to winter though. I don't think they hold moisture too well.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #16
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfAnEra View Post
They broke in for me. I'm curious to see how they hold up to winter though. I don't think they hold moisture too well.
I've had mine for for nearly eight years now. I live in the land of ice and snow (and huge pieces of rock salt). Not one drop of mud, melted snow, or any junk that comes off my boots spills over the raised edges. They are a hell of alot better than Toyota's version.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #17
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the same the first time I put them in...just give them time to settle. They've been packaged at a warehouse for who knows how long getting distorted. If you're impatient, get a heat gun and force them to settle.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #18
Quack Addict
monstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monstertaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had mine for 6+ months now and they seem plenty broken in and dont move around at all.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #19
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
I've had mine for for nearly eight years now. I live in the land of ice and snow (and huge pieces of rock salt). Not one drop of mud, melted snow, or any junk that comes off my boots spills over the raised edges. They are a hell of alot better than Toyota's version.
I got my mats half way through the winter. I waited until the end of the winter before I cleaned them off. I took them out at the end of winter and washed them, looked like brand new after. I found that they did wonders compared the Toyota OEM rubber mats they gave me. Even after all this time of having them, my carpet still looks brand new.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #20
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Phillip
lowcountrytj's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, what they said. Couple days in a hot cab they will settle.
I was surprised when I first got my mats. I had always had the Standard Sally world jobbies. They were always heavy and floppy...Weathertechs , not so much. I honestly said, " What did I just buy?" I like them now. My wife's vehicle fit very well , and catch 90% of the dirt . Easy clean up. Enjoy!