Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

15,000 mile re-torque of propeller shaft

Old 02-25-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
the_tick is on a distinguished road
the_tick's Tacoma Gallery
15,000 mile re-torque of propeller shaft

Can anyone tell me if the 15,000 mile recommendation of re-tourqueing the propeller shaft is an easy task. I want to save some money, take care of my truck and feel good that it is taken care of. So, how do I do it myself and where exactly is the propeller shaft located?

The TICK
Old 02-25-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
The propeller shaft is another name for the driveshaft. If you have 4 wheel drive you will have a front and rear driveshaft. 2 wheel drive only has a rear.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
Torque Specifications - http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/...a/00303210.pdf

Look here for you application, just search the page for "propeller"
Old 02-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
It is very easy IF: you have the correct torque specs (ie 2ft lbs or whatever) and you have a decent torque wrench. Other than that, set the torque wrench and find the bolts to torque, easypeezy.

Oh, and the driveline (propeller shaft) is the tube going to and perpendicular to the axle.