1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

hella 500ff install

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by yota4Whelz, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Jun 18, 2013 at 6:14 PM
    yota4Whelz

yota4Whelz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County NY
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    -Removed mudflaps -Blacked out tail lights/ third brake light -Blacked out emblems -Truxedo truxport tonneau cover -Tailgate theft mod -Eyelids (Toyotaman) -Center console organizer (Salex) -WeatherTech Digital fit floor liners -BHLM -Wet Okoles fronts and backs -Homertaco satoshi grill -Pioneer h/u -Disabled seat belt chime -LED gauge swap (Jerez) -BAMF Light bar w/ 2 hella 500ffs -Old Man Emu 90000 front shocks, 885x coilovers, nitro sports and AAL in the rear -285/70/17 wrangler duratracs -1.25 Bora spacers (4) -Super 40 series Flowmaster -Differential breather mod -Blacked out bedsides -Method NV Race wheels -EGR in channel window visors -Interior/license plate/tails LEDs (Jumpers LEDs)
    I put this in the lighting section too but figured cant help to put it here also..

ok so im looking over the install instructions to my new hellas. everything seems pretty straight forward except for one thing. where do you connect the long aqua colored wire? switch to headlight is what i get out of it. it says to 12v n im guessing thats to the headlight but how do you do that? just splice into the headlight?(i got the driving lights so in this case im thinking it would be the high beams??) any clarity on this would be great

2. Jun 19, 2013 at 4:07 AM
    stump jumper

stump jumper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra 4x4 CM TSS
    Not sure about the wire colors on Hellas. I got my power for KCs from the wire for the brights. I tapped the pink at the headlight. On my 2013 it is the lowest of the 3 wires. Ran this to a switch and from the switch to relay. For spots I got my switch power from a tap in fuse box inside truck. Empty slot I used is powered only with key and lights on.

3. Jun 19, 2013 at 7:10 AM
    Greytacoma1

Greytacoma1 Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    dave
    Sacramento ca
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma dc lb
    Satoshi grill, Plasti derp, Ready lift kit, Wheelers 2 inch aal, Hella 700, Wheather tech floor mats, Blueinstinct armrest cover, sockmonkey bed decal, BHLM, debadge, 35% tint front windows, OEM roof rack, OEM step bar, TRD skid plate, tacomaworld.com decal, stock antenna trimed, gorilla extended lug nuts,diff breather mod, cab mount chop, AVS window visor, spidertrax 1.25 wheel spacers, toytec sway bar relocate, extra d ring mod
    I just ran that wire back to the battery as well. Still worked for me.

4. Jun 19, 2013 at 8:03 AM
    vicali

vicali Touch my camera through the fence

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Kam,BC
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport 1D6
    If you are wiring them according to the instructions the long aqua/green is the switched 12v to trigger the relay.

[​IMG]

If you want your lights to be only on with highbeams you are going to use their power to trigger the relay for your driving lights.

What I did was to use an add-a-fuse on one of the highbeam 10A fuses in the fusebox and run that in through the switch and then back to the relay. Easy, clean, and reversible, without splicing. :D

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  5. Jun 19, 2013 at 12:28 PM
    Bearcoatoffroad

Bearcoatoffroad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Rincon, GA
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Off Road 4x4 Double Cab
    2.5" spacer lift, Tundra wheels with spacers
    Those Hella's are wide open around the bulb. Make sure you don't put them under water!

I siliconed the bulb in to keep water out on my rover.

Products Discussed in

To Top