Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

After adding TSB Rear Leaf Spring... Comments & Questions

Old 02-25-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
TSubatis is on a distinguished road

TSubatis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TSubatis
Post After adding TSB Rear Leaf Spring... Comments & Questions

Just had my TSB Rear Leaf Spring installed on my Base 2007 DC 4x4 (still under 3 year/30K warranty) Overall, I'm very happy with it. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE ELIGIBLE!! Feels more like a pickup truck now. It's a much firmer ride, and even though I feel more bumps in the road, I'm confident I can haul passengers, loads, or a trailer without bottoming out, which was rediculous in the first place!

Some pics of the billsteins installed:

Front:

Rear:

Before:

After

Comments/Questions:
-First off, did the TSB upgrade me to the same suspension as a TRD DC 4x4?

-If so, which one: Offroad or Sport?

-If not, what is the difference between the Offroad and Sport suspensions, compared to the Base model?

-Seems like the rear end is raked out a bit,and that I gained about an inch of lift. I was planning on lifting the Taco 3", leveling it, and adding larger wheels/tires. Will my lift be over 3" with the TSB fix & lift kit?

-Seems like Toytec or procomp are the way to go, but I'm not sure parts I need, after they installed the TSB fix. I don't do heavy duty wheeling or crawling but I don't want to hesitate taking it down a trail. I do lots of highway driving, like to go up in the mountains to snowboard, camp, etc.

-Once a lift kit is selected what is the largest size wheel and tire I can run without ANY rubbing? Don't want to deal with trimming.

Sorry for so many Qs
Old 02-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You have the same shocks as the TRD trucks. The TRD Sport has a larger diameter sway bar. The TRD trucks have Progressive rate springs (Which Im not a fan of personally). If you want to level it out, a pair of Bilstien 5100 front shocks should do the trick. Set them at the 2.5" setting, and it should be good.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 02-25-2009, 03:47 PM   #5

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #6

Question sorry a couple more

Chris, you seem to be the guy to ask... (sorry i'm a newbie)

Might be a dumb question but do I need to get a pair of coils for the 5100s? or can I use them with the coils that are on the truck (I believe they're heavy dutys, part of the TSB)

Also is it smart to get Toytec's TSB AAL also, to fit 33s?

Thanks
Old 02-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSubatis View Post
Chris, you seem to be the guy to ask... (sorry i'm a newbie)

Might be a dumb question but do I need to get a pair of coils for the 5100s? or can I use them with the coils that are on the truck (I believe they're heavy dutys, part of the TSB)

Also is it smart to get Toytec's TSB AAL also, to fit 33s?

Thanks
You can use the stock springs. The 5100's only lift to 2.5" so your gonna have to do some trimming to fit 33's. An AAL in ther rear will help fir the 33" tire.