Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Never again

Old 06-20-2013, 03:36 AM   #1
WVwild1 is on a distinguished road
WVwild1's Tacoma Gallery
Never again

I just bought a set of pro comp 285 extreme at 2s and man what a mistake. 2 out of 4 wouldn't balance after 3 attempts and one of those was road force balanced. So I called 4 wheel parts and they said all the could do was swap out the 2 bad ones. Not happy with that answer I called pro comp man what a bunch of d*cks. They said all they could do was swap they 2 bad ones out. My problem with that is I order 4 tires and 2 were bad so if they send me 2 more I got a 50/50 chance of getting another bad tire. Iam not going to go into the phone conversation but all I can say is there customer service sucks and I will never buy another pro comp product in my life.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:00 AM   #2
Quack Addict
monstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monstertaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that man. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. I ordered my rims and black and they gave me chrome. The place where I bought them told me "oh thats all we had."
Old 06-20-2013, 04:13 AM   #3
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Have heard that a bunch of times, makes me leery to deal with them.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:18 AM   #4
Quack Addict
monstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monstertaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Makes me wonder what the actual "warranty" is on their lifts and stuff. Bad customer service rep is a no no in my book.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:42 AM   #5
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
I remember hearing a bunch of issues with ProComp on Chevy forums back in the day when I drove a Silverado. Terrible customer service from both 4WP and PC were commonplace.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #6
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Run far away from Pro Comp/4 wheel parts. Had bad experience with them on my chrome wheels for my old truck. Absolutely junk wheels.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace96 View Post
Run far away from Pro Comp/4 wheel parts. Had bad experience with them on my chrome wheels for my old truck. Absolutely junk wheels.
And junk tires for that matter.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #8
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you posted that. I almost bought a set of tires. Good to know and thanks for the heads up! Hope you get it worked out.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #9
WVwild1's Tacoma Gallery
No problem. I just hate a sh*tty product and I hate poor service even more.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #10
RiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutRiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
RiverBoyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
If you sold a set a 4 tires and had a customer have 2 that were bad, would you send 4 new ones or just replace the bad ones?

....sounds fair to me, no need to replace perfectly good rubber
Old 06-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #11
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Swap out the "bad" ones? Does that mean they have a history of "bad ones" That's not good.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #12
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
I would swap out the bad ones if that's all they can do for you. The only other option is to sit and look at them. And selling bad tires could come back to bite you pretty hard.

But that's shitty, companies should stand behind their products.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #13
sparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nice

Name: Sparky
sparkystaco's Tacoma Gallery
I had a set of those tires and they were sooo loud at anything over 40 that I couldn't hear the stereo let alone have a conversation in the truck
Old 06-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #14
jamsandwich will become famous soon enough

jamsandwich's Tacoma Gallery
pro comp makes tires?

lol

no thanks
Old 06-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #15
JasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasonJump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasonJump's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsandwich View Post
pro comp makes tires?

lol

no thanks
haha exactly, they are cheap ass tires at best. Their wheels suck almost as bad as their tires, get what you pay for. Not dogging you OP, just saying they are shady asses. Never heard one good thing about Pro Comp. Sorry u had a shitty experience. I'd return them all and go with a real tire company
Old 06-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #17
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Sometimes tires are bad. It's not uncommon.

I would question the installers method before flaming pro comp because there is w possibility its their bad. Did you watch them op? Are they reputable? Did they tell you what they did while trying to balance them? Sometimes all you need to do is break the bead and spin the tire on the wheel. Sometimes you get bad tires.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #18
WVwild1's Tacoma Gallery
Why flame the installer when the balanced them twice and then I took them to a different place and had them road force balanced. I personally watched them break them down and turn them on the wheels and still after that they couldn't get them to balance. I wasn't to worried about swapping out the tires it was there piss poor attitude. Like I said never again!!!! If you choose to buy pro comp products at least you have been warned.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #19
Ionnaeus is on a distinguished road
Name: Jon
Ionnaeus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBoyTRD View Post
If you sold a set a 4 tires and had a customer have 2 that were bad, would you send 4 new ones or just replace the bad ones?

....sounds fair to me, no need to replace perfectly good rubber
This. I guess I'm not tracking. Have 2 bad tires. Dealer and manufacturer both agree and want to swap and that's not good enough? Strange reaction but ok.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #20
TEQ HED
Mattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mattnatti's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of pro comp xterrain on my Land Cruiser and love them. They perform well in mud, snow, heavy rain at interstate speeds. Couldn't ask for more. They have worn very well but have progressively become louder with wear.

With that being said, I have heard many stories like yours about all of their series of tires. I would be more woried about owning the extreme series. There are several guys on the LC forum that have had blowouts with low mileage.

I purchasdd my LC with the pro comp' s so i didn't have the oportunity to experience balancing them.