Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I think she is sick...

Old 02-25-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
Allens_Piece has a spectacular aura aboutAllens_Piece has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: Employed
Allens_Piece's Tacoma Gallery
I think she is sick...

Ok, just last week i noticed a slight vib when i depress my clutch in and coast. But just this last weekend I jumped in my truck and was going down the road when it started vibing so bad my dash was making noise. (clutch in) Then as we all do when one thing doesnt seem right you get paraniod and really start listening for "odd noises or feels". Well I also noticed that when i hit a certain spot during my clutch depression, out pops a low sqeal. Also, i can faintly hear the gears in the tranny rotating, most noteably 6th gear. now i had the same set up but on an 06 truck and i never once heard my gears, nor had any wierd vibs. My truck is stock except the intake/exhaust.

I took it to the dealer and left it with them on monday but made sure to take my service rep out for a spin so he can feel the vibration (and ofcourse it wasnt as bad as jest before i pulled into the place) but he said it is definately there and not normal. Well he calls me in the afternoon to tell me that they suspect its the tire balance. That the wieghts might have come loose or something. I think its bullshit but im going to let them re-do it that way when it happens again they cant give me that shit excuse.

Any one have any ideas? Just recently i took it through (slowly) a series of water holes that went over my tires, and *may* have jumped it, but only once and not very high. Some one with drive train experience (chris) please chime in and tell me what it could be. Oh, they said they ran through the whole drive train and everything was to spec, and fliud still in diff and tranny. HELP! I really dont want to be stuck driving the wifes forester...
Old 02-25-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
when your shifting gears does it take a while for it to "GO" into the gear?

Im not very familiar with the Tacos manual tranny anyhow
Old 02-25-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
did they check ujoints?

wheel bearings?

Clutch alignment?

something almost sounds bent.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
Allens_Piece has a spectacular aura aboutAllens_Piece has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: Employed
Allens_Piece's Tacoma Gallery
Not while im in motion, but sometimes from nuetral to first. Gets cought up half way in (but im used to that, just not with the taco...err tacoma)
Old 02-25-2009, 09:18 PM   #6
judd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant future
EMS:
judd94's Tacoma Gallery
the springs that are in the clutch, i can't remember what they are called have been known to break on these clutches.