Notices

Where do i find a new engine cover?

Old 02-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
Veteran Member
Bsaint21 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Gunners mate
Bsaint21's Tacoma Gallery
Where do i find a new engine cover?

Where can I find a new engine cover to purchase? I fucked mine up trying to perfect spray painting it the right color. PLease HELP
Old 02-25-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
try spraying some aircraft paint stripper on it before you buy a new one. you may be able to salvage the one you have now and paint it again.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Wont the aircraft stripper melt/warp the plastic?
Old 02-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Wont the aircraft stripper melt/warp the plastic?
using it lightly wont harm it. if you go spraying a ton of it on there, it may start pitting the plastic real bad, but lightly sprayed, it will be fine.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:24 PM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
using it lightly wont harm it. if you go spraying a ton of it on there, it may start pitting the plastic real bad, but lightly sprayed, it will be fine.
I used the gel a few times myself.... damn it burns!!!

ha and i didnt know that you were supposed to wash it off with water.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #7

Quote:
I used the gel a few times myself.... damn it burns!!!

ha and i didnt know that you were supposed to wash it off with water.
yeah.......dont wanna get that stuff on your hands too much!!
Old 02-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
try the eye
Old 02-25-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
just a tad....... im NOT blind though so thats a really good thing
Old 02-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #10

Quote:
try the eye
no thanks..........................i got white lithium spray grease in my eye before................................you NEVER wanna do that!! i thought i was gonna be friggin blind!!! and for 6 hours........whitish yellow crap was oozing outta me eye!!
Old 02-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
dang Will you ure are lucky. I had some Aircraft on my sleeve and i was wiping the sweat from my eyes and all of a sudden i felt this burning/stinging feeling. I was even stupid enough to do it again...... Just made it worse
Old 02-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #12
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
salvage yard
Old 02-25-2009, 06:45 PM   #13
Veteran Member
Bsaint21 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Gunners mate
Bsaint21's Tacoma Gallery
ok. sorry guy I just bought a new one. Naw man.. thanks for the advice, but I just went ahead and got another. I fucked it up pretty bad then I got angry and fucked it up even more. lol

Thanks

Still cant seem to find the exact spray paint color to match my truck. Its starting to piss me off!
Old 02-25-2009, 06:50 PM   #14
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Indigo ink?

try a purple primer with a blue top coat (?) for the exact color: OEMPaints.com

i dont know if it will work but you could try it. Hey man do get some of the Aircraft remover, its a blessing.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:27 PM   #15
cmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of lightcmfranks is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Craig
cmfranks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsaint21 View Post
ok. sorry guy I just bought a new one. Naw man.. thanks for the advice, but I just went ahead and got another. I fucked it up pretty bad then I got angry and fucked it up even more. lol

Thanks

Still cant seem to find the exact spray paint color to match my truck. Its starting to piss me off!
So where did you find a new one at?????
Old 02-25-2009, 09:50 PM   #16
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
If you want a true match... take it to a shop and have them paint it with the actual paint... just a thought