Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

wet okole fit

Old 06-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
iitywygms is on a distinguished road

iitywygms's Tacoma Gallery
wet okole fit

Hi All.
Just got my seat covers and went to put them on. I thought wet okole fit tight? Mine could have fallen on. The back was not to bad, but the bottom seat cover is two sizes to big. The top part of the bottom cushion has at least an extra inch on each side. And where the fabric goes between the top and bottom of the seat has to be bunched in on the sides. WTH?
Is this normal for these seat covers??
Old 06-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #3

If this is how it is I am returning them.
The two straps from front to back work properly. But the strap that goes from side to side is toward the back of the cover, near the seat fold. It has to go over the plastic? That looks like poo.
So I thought of removing the plastic and running the cover underneath it. But where the plastic is fastened to the seat frame is where the seat cover material has to go. So I would have to poke holes is the seat covers.
I must have a bad cover or something. All the good stories I have heard about these covers is why I went with them.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
"We have assumed control"
beachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeachingtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matti
beachingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
That sounds like a bum set, I'd call wet okole and maybe send them some pics. I got them in my 2012 and they were so tight in some places I thought they weren't gonna fit until I actually tried and stretched them out.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:12 AM   #5
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iitywygms View Post
If this is how it is I am returning them.
The two straps from front to back work properly. But the strap that goes from side to side is toward the back of the cover, near the seat fold. It has to go over the plastic? That looks like poo.
So I thought of removing the plastic and running the cover underneath it. But where the plastic is fastened to the seat frame is where the seat cover material has to go. So I would have to poke holes is the seat covers.
I must have a bad cover or something. All the good stories I have heard about these covers is why I went with them.
Did you read the directions?

Disconnect the electrical plugs and take the seats out of the truck.

Remove the plastic trim and adjustment knob from the side of the seats.

Unclip the drivers seat rear flap that goes from the seat back under the seat bottom ( two clips ).

Work the seat cover onto the bottom of the seat and connect straps under the seat.

Install the seat back cover over the seat back with the flap that was disconnected folded upwards. This flap will be under the back seat cover.

Fasten the velcro etc... and tuck the edges under the hinge covers.

Reinstall the seat edge covers and the seat adjustment knob.

Reinstall the seats into the truck and connect the electrical plugs.

Done.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
Did you read the directions?

Work the seat cover onto the bottom of the seat and connect straps under the seat.

Reinstall the seat edge covers and the seat adjustment knob.

Done.
Work the seat cover onto the bottom of the seat? No need. I could hold the cover over the seat and drop it and it will fall on.
Reinstall the seat edge covers and the seat adjustment knob. Maybe I need to look again, but where the plastic attaches to the seat is where the material would wrap around. I would have to poke holes in the material and I have no adjustment knob, if that matters?

The directions that came in the box were 4 pics with generic directions. So I read those but they were no where near as detailed as you have.
And even if I do all of that, why is there 2 inches of extra top foam mat that hangs over each side of the seat?
I am calling Wet Okole today to see what they have to say.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #7

Talked with installation guy at Wet Okole. He had no explanation as to why the seat covers fit so loose. He also agreed that they were not right.
I still need to check the fitment of the drivers side seat. Wet Okole will be taking these back and either correcting them or sending another set out.
Thumbs up to them for acknowledging the issue. I am just disappointed that after over a months wait, I have to send them back.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #8
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Work the seat cover onto the bottom of the seat? No need. I could hold the cover over the seat and drop it and it will fall on.
Reinstall the seat edge covers and the seat adjustment knob. Maybe I need to look again, but where the plastic attaches to the seat is where the material would wrap around. I would have to poke holes in the material and I have no adjustment knob, if that matters?

The directions that came in the box were 4 pics with generic directions. So I read those but they were no where near as detailed as you have.
And even if I do all of that, why is there 2 inches of extra top foam mat that hangs over each side of the seat?
I am calling Wet Okole today to see what they have to say.
I couldn't see your picture at work. I see what you mean now... Mine fit tight all over. I think you may have gotten the wrong cover ( Sport or SR5 ) There is a big difference in the seats.

They should make it right. But the wait may be painful...
Old 06-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
I couldn't see your picture at work. I see what you mean now... Mine fit tight all over. I think you may have gotten the wrong cover ( Sport or SR5 ) There is a big difference in the seats.

They should make it right. But the wait may be painful...
It would be good to know exactly what happened. Are the sport or sr5 seats wider?
Old 06-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #10
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
The Sport seats have more bolstering in them, so I'd imagine the covers have more material. That's my guess too - you got covers for Sport seats.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #11
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It would be good to know exactly what happened. Are the sport or sr5 seats wider?
Sport seats are different from reg SR5 seats. Can't get a picture up here at work because it's blocked but they are different. There is a bulge on the sides close to like "racing seats".
Old 06-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
I can't see pictures but I think this thread may show you the difference.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...5-seats-3.html
I didnít see anything there that showed the difference.
So there are 3 different bucket seats for the Tacoma regular cab?
Regular, sport and sr5?

I agree that they must have sent me sport or sr5 covers.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #14
Ampo is on a distinguished road
Ampo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didnít see anything there that showed the difference.
So there are 3 different bucket seats for the Tacoma regular cab?
Regular, sport and sr5?

I agree that they must have sent me sport or sr5 covers.
I have a 2012 SR5 and my mine fit great. I only saw two options on their site when I ordered, TRD or SR5. Sounds like they sent or you ordered the wrong set because they definitely fit snug and look great once installed.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #16

I went over what I ordered with the guy at Wet Okole.
I ordered regular cab buckets, and from the pics I sent he said that was correct.
They must have sent the wrong seat configuration.
The backs were not exactly tight either. Are the backs of the seats also different?
Old 06-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #17

So they want me to put the covers on the seats and mark where the seat edge is on the covers, using chalk. They are going to 'custom fit' the cover.

They agree that the fit is not right and claim that they cut them for standard bucket seats. I donít know how that is possible. I have standard bucket seats like everyone else.
It is lame to have to go through all of this. I feel like giving them back and getting my money back.
Any good alternatives to Wet Okole?
Old 06-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #18

After days of calls, and many pictures later, I finally proved they sent me the wrong seat bottoms.
I guess sport and/or trd seats have a knob on the side of the seat. My seat bottom covers had a notch for that knob. My seats have no such knob. I sent them pictures of both seats and my covers.
They are sending me the correct covers next week.
The guys I talked to there were nice, but trying to convince them they screwed up was a complete nightmare.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #19

Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
After days of calls, and many pictures later, I finally proved they sent me the wrong seat bottoms.
I guess sport and/or trd seats have a knob on the side of the seat. My seat bottom covers had a notch for that knob. My seats have no such knob. I sent them pictures of both seats and my covers.
They are sending me the correct covers next week.
The guys I talked to there were nice, but trying to convince them they screwed up was a complete nightmare.
The SR5 Seats have the knob for the lumbar adjustment.