1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally got the 35's and new wheels on!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DueNorth, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Jun 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    How's your camber with those? I see you're running the light racing UCA, I didn't think those had enough adjustability to run a 35. I'm ordering Icon's in two weeks and am running a hefty 34 and was under the impression that the billet UCA was the only thing that'd give me the camber I needed....

2. Jun 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    whitetacoma89

whitetacoma89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Anaheim
    Vehicle:
    11 Prerunner
  3. Jun 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    thegreatwall23

thegreatwall23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Off Road
    Armor Shrockworks front bumber Shrockworks Rock Sliders Brute Force Rear Bumper XRC8 with synthetic rope Relentless Full Skid Pack Suspension Icons 2.5 extended travel all around with King 14" 700# Springs Icon Tubular UCA's All Pro Standard Leaf Pack 3 degree axle shims Wheelers front bumpstop U bolt flip kit Timbren rear bumpstop Mods rear diff breather fog light anytime ABS Disable TPMS disable Door Chime disable Seat Belt Chime Disable Cab Mount Chop Pinch Weld Mod BHLM Other 4.56 Nitro gears FX-R Retrofit HID's with Halos PIAA fogs and driving lights Wet Okole seat covers Weather-Tech floormats Access LiteRider bed cover AMP bed extender Viair 450P-A Rocky Clutch SD mounts Pop-n-lock tailgate lock Aux rear lights Rear sliding window security bar B.A.M.F Light Bar Ultragauge 48" Hi Lift Jack with Bed Rail Mount Bushwacker Fender Flares ECGS PTFE Bushing SS Brake Lines Brembo Blanks Hawk HPS In cab winch control (12voltguy) Tint
    Looks awesome!

I have 4.56 as well, they are perfect with 35s!

4. Jun 20, 2013 at 8:43 PM
    06yoda

06yoda Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Clovis, CA/ Emmett, ID
    Vehicle:
    1996 Landcruiser FZJ80
    Nice thanks for the response.

5. Jun 20, 2013 at 9:08 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I take it those are 315's???

Looks phenomenal! :drool:

What is the back spacing on those wheels?

Any rubbing issues?

6. Jun 20, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    Ghost848

Ghost848 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Alberta,Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 TRD OR Silver M6
    OME + Dakers, 285/75R16 Nitto Trail Grapplers, ARB Bumper, Columbia overland Dual battery, Super winch,CC stage 4 clutch, bestop supertop, URD TO bearing, BHLM headlights, Cruisin offroad rear bumper, Harrop front E-locker.
    Pics of the Pinch weld too !!Thats half the battle lol

7. Jun 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    :drool: :jellydance: looks badass man, nice job!

8. Jun 21, 2013 at 7:15 PM
    DueNorth

DueNorth [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 BSP TRD Sport DCSB 6sp
    First off, thank you everyone for the compliments! :D Only got one email notification from this thread so I had no idea it blew up the way it did. I'll do my best to answer all questions tho.... (thanks Corey (Monster Coma) for helping me out there... :eek:)

Thanks man, thought I might have an issue with the front bumper. Still waiting for another bumper to be done so I really don't want to cut this All-Pro bumper up if I don't have too....

Never heard of these wheels cracking from larger tires... :notsure: Sure hope that doesn't happen to me. :(

Thanks! Truck feels great on the road. Feels much more planted if that makes sense. I'm running quite a bit of weight and its definitely no sports car but its still got lots of pep to her.

Honestly, 4.56's feel perfect for the truck now, especially with 35's. I was a little concerned about whether to jump to 4.88's but since my rig does see quite a bit of daily driving I figured the 4.56's would do fine. The low gearing on the trails with 33's on was really great, so it'll be interesting to see how slow she goes with 35's on.

Haven't had an alignment for quite some time now but I'm pretty sure my camber is close to 0. Caster is right around 3. I think caster is what you are talking about tho right? LR uca's definitely give you a fair amount of adjustability.

Thanks Homer! Well after speaking with you about back spacing and doing more research i'd figured i'd go with wheels that had 4.5" of back spacing. So far, no rubbing issues while driving on the road but offroad, that may be another problem i'll have to deal with. ;)
    I'd like to get the truck flexed out before actually hitting the trail just in case I need to take more off the cab mount and/or pounding the firewall in a bit more as well.

haha, pinch weld is definitely not pretty, but fairly flattened. I'll dig up a pic...

9. Jun 21, 2013 at 9:50 PM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    Camber is what I was asking about, as you go up with the UCA's it pulls the top of the wheel toward the engine bay. The heims on the billet UCA's from icon have extra adustability built in to work well with a bigger tire. I'd heard rumor of the light racing UCA's working as well but you're the first one I've seen actually do it.

10. Jun 21, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    Robotoco

Robotoco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roberto
    NC
    looks good man can't wait to get mine

11. Jun 21, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    joelt

joelt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Anchorage
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD Off-Road
    Looks great! Diggin' the pseudo-blackout...

12. Jun 21, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    tacokid09

tacokid09 it's about the off-road miles

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian aka B-Lang
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra
    the 35s look bitchin man!! happy to see more people making the move up :thumbsup:

13. Jun 25, 2013 at 7:43 AM
    LoadedTaco

LoadedTaco Kick A$$ Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Burr Ridge Il
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red Baja
    Looks amazing! I just got 33's and I love them, but 35's are the end goal. Any pictures of the rear wheel wells and pinch weld would be awesome to see. I am going to cut my wheel wells soon, and want to take off enough for 35's now and save as much headache as I can for when I actually switch and regear.

14. Jun 25, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    SPENCAF

SPENCAF Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Shiloh, IL
    Vehicle:
    2012 TX PRO 4X4
    AFE Pro dry filter, AttennaX, bed liner on front skid plate, AVID sliders, AVID light bar, KONG Storage Box, OME 2.5" 885 coils 1.5" AAL 265/75R16 Guard Dawgs
    SICK!!!

15. Jun 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    Pearcem87

Pearcem87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off Road
    Well done

16. Jun 25, 2013 at 3:47 PM
    BCTacoma

BCTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Port Hardy, BC
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Tacoma
    Toytec ULK, OME Dakars, Bilstein Shocks, Extended Brake Lines, 285/75/16 Duratracs, Pro Comp Steel wheels, Relentless Fab Front Bumper/Sliders
    +1 for Canada

Products Discussed in

To Top