1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Liscense Plate visibility Problem

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Monster1, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Jun 20, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    Monster1

Monster1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 Texas Edition DC Tacoma 4WD
    Weathertech digitals front and rear, TRD exhaust, Coverking dash mat, Oem Tacoma bedmat, Better Built tool box, bed extender, Toytec 1 1/2" AAL, Bilsteins front and rears, fronts set at .85, K&N filter, aluminum skid plate, EGR vent shades, locking tailgate handle, TRD emblems, Cal Trend seat covers front and back.
    I just installed an N-Fab light bar on my Tacoma part # T124LB, I was wondering since Texas requires a front liscence plate, has anyone here in Texas had any problem with the law? It doesn't cover the whole plate and no I haven't had any problems yet, but I just wanted to know if anyone with the same light bar that might have had problems. Thanks for all the responses.

2. Jun 20, 2013 at 7:48 PM
    TR90125

TR90125 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD Sport
    Bone stock for now....
    I've been running my Tacoma since new without a front plate at all with no issues with the law, going on 7 months. I live in North Texas and there's no shortage of small town cops round here that take traffic laws very seriously.

I also notice quite a few other vehicles missing front plates.

3. Jun 20, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    Murph

Murph Go Pack Go!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fox Valley, WI
    Vehicle:
    2000 Extra Cab TRD O/R
    3" lift. American racing 15'' rims. 33x12.50 BFG A/T tires. tool box. ARB bumper, mile marker winch, kc highlights. No carpet inside sprayed with bed liner. Kicker door speakers. Alpine head unit.
    Colorado requires a front plate and I roll with my dirty constantly to the point it can't be read and I've had no issues. I think it will come down to a cop having a bad day and the wrong place at the wrong time.

4. Jun 20, 2013 at 8:11 PM
    stump jumper

stump jumper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra 4x4 CM TSS
    I have an N-Fab with the tabs for the plate. I left mine on the bumper because the holes were there. If the dealer had not drilled I would have looked at other options. I think it would look dumb mounted on light bar. As many vehicles as I see with vanities, none, and plates on dash I am not too worried.

Products Discussed in

To Top