1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SWR Meter

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by joelt, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Jun 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    joelt

joelt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Anchorage
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD Off-Road
    Does anyone have a recommendation for an SWR meter to tune a CB? There's quite a handful on Amazon, but I'd like to get a good one the first time. Most of the ones on Amazon have 4.5-5 stars, with the 'onsie' bad experience or so.

I'm eyeballing the Workman that comes with the jumper.

Recommendations appreciated!

2. Jun 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Dozy meters are certainly the most popular. Workman meters are just fine as well. I wouldn't recommend spending a lot of money since you're only going to use a meter occasionally (not a good idea to leave it in-line permanently). Actually, since SWR meters have been around a long time and nearly all work just fine at this point, probably my best recommendation would be to just go with whatever fits your fancy (the display, knobs, size, and similar you like). If you get one with a power meter, remember that's only a rough measurement that will vary from meter to meter, even within meters made by the very same company.

Products Discussed in

To Top